PDA

View Full Version : ? Double Prong? on Saunders LPL Enlarger

lotus
12-Nov-2009, 19:04
Hi, :confused:
I was just donated the above mentioned enlarger (Saunders LPL 670 VCCE Enlarger). It has a small double pronged power source. How can I find what it connects to in order to plug into a timer? Does it fit only a specific model of timer? If so what should I buy? Also it has no 35 mm negative carrier? What brand neg carrier should i purchase? It has an 80mm lense. Can I use this lens if I am only printing 35mm negatives or do I need to purchace a 50mm lense? If so what type/brand lens should I buy.
thanks! :)

ic-racer
12-Nov-2009, 21:52
You will need a 100VA 12V transformer. This will probably cost $50-60 or more then you need to make a box for it. Or try to find a surplus Saunders power supply. Or get a new one from Adorama.

Here is a related thread on getting an Omega 4x5 head working without the power supply (by converting the bulb from 24V to 120V).
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/67980-converting-super-chromega-ii-120v.html It may give you some ideas.

That 80mm will be fine for small enlargements. A negative carrier should be easy to find.

Greg Blank
16-Nov-2009, 17:42
Actually for that 670 you plug the power supply into your timers 110 Volt socket (To the enlarger :) The power supply only outputs something like 12 volts.

Hi, :confused:
I was just donated the above mentioned enlarger (Saunders LPL 670 VCCE Enlarger). It has a small double pronged power source. How can I find what it connects to in order to plug into a timer? Does it fit only a specific model of timer? If so what should I buy? Also it has no 35 mm negative carrier? What brand neg carrier should i purchase? It has an 80mm lense. Can I use this lens if I am only printing 35mm negatives or do I need to purchace a 50mm lense? If so what type/brand lens should I buy.
thanks! :)