PDA

View Full Version : Updated Website

mcfactor
10-Nov-2009, 12:02
I just updated/re-did my website, I am curious to know what people think. Is there anything that can be improved (aside from the artist's statement which I am working on)?

www.noahmclaurine.com (http://www.noahmclaurine.com)

Thanks!

r.e.
10-Nov-2009, 12:19
When I right click on one of your portfolios in order to open it in a new tab or background tab, I get one of those pop-ups that essentially accuses me of trying to steal your images. You might consider doing something about that.

This may be controversial around here, but I don't see the point in these notices even when they are triggered by a right click on an image. Anyone who is capable of doing a Google search can find out how to download the images, if they don't already know how to do it, in a couple of minutes.

percepts
10-Nov-2009, 14:13
the horizontal scroll bar for thumbnails is ugly. Most people use some javascript to scroll horizontal thumbnails left or right as you move the cursor over them.
Plenty of free scripts available if you look at jquery or hotscripts.

Photojeep
11-Nov-2009, 10:46
I like your horizontal thumbnail bar. I personally hate those that scroll. I can never get them to stop scrolling so I can select an image to see larger. The older I get the lower my frustration trigger I guess. If the site has too many of these "java" things, it starts to become more about the site and all of its doo-hickeys and not about the images. Just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD do something.

I like the simple presentation of your images. I would prefer that you would choose a single image for your first page rather than the ever-changing one, but that's just me.

Nice images too!

Randy