PDA

View Full Version : What black and white paper for digital scanning

Chris Jones
3-Nov-2009, 20:48
Hello, I would like some suggestions on printing papers which are to be scanned as black and white prints.

Given that this involves darkroom manipulations which I cannot do with Photoshop/Gimp/Cine-paint and also requires full selenium toning of prints, which again I don't know how to do, prints seem the only option. So, I am left with the puzzle of the choice of paper, in this case for digital POD (print on demand) or offset litho.

Currently I am proofing with Fotospeed 10X8 Pro-art RC. I suspect that toned 10X8 RC prints would suffice for a trimmed B4 POD? 16X20 toned fibre prints on Agfa MCC seems like over kill, to me?? Maybe 10X12 RC is what I need???

Before I get more confused, suggestions, please. (I am also trying to keep this wide as other readers may have similar concerns.)

I have searched without finding, so a ULR is welcome, as well. Best wishes, Chris Jones.

(PS. This is for 4X5 and also square 120 triptych prints which adds an extra element of difficulty which is beyond my digital skills.)