PDA

View Full Version : Epson Exhibition Fiber - pricing

Ed Richards
2-Nov-2009, 11:13
Any info on the huge price drops for Epson Exhibition Fiber? I am thinking of stocking up, but would hate to find that they dumping inventory before discontinuing the paper.

srbphoto
3-Nov-2009, 07:18
Just got this in email...

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/BuyEpson/ccProductCategory.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-16362&RMID=eml_200911_propaper_pro_batch2&RRID=_NULL_

Exhibition should be at the bottom

Ed Richards
9-Nov-2009, 06:46
They still list the 8.5 x11, 17x22, and 20x30 sheets in their current papers section. It does look like the 13x19 is gone.

ignatiusjk
12-Nov-2009, 18:07
Any info on the huge price drops for Epson Exhibition Fiber? I am thinking of stocking up, but would hate to find that they dumping inventory before discontinuing the paper.

Before you buy a large supply try Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper.It is extremely good and comes in many different sizes.The price is also about half the price of Epson's exhibition paper.

Ed Richards
12-Nov-2009, 18:29
At current prices, Ilford Gold Fibre Silk is 2.5x the cost of Epson Exhibition Fiber.

ljsegil
13-Nov-2009, 09:44
I do slightly prefer the Ilford, but at these prices, I just seem to need to add some EFP to the mix. Wonder what is going on? I suppose I should know that answer before taking the plunge, but too late now.
LJ

shileshjani
13-Nov-2009, 10:42
This paper is cheaper at Amazon than the Epson clearance store.

Kirk Gittings
13-Nov-2009, 12:29
Ed, what is it you like about this paper?

Ed Richards
13-Nov-2009, 14:46
Kirk,

I will confess, it was the price that got me to look harder at it. I actually had a trial pack, so I just printed a couple of sheets. It has nearly the dmax of Harmon Glossy FB, and the surface is nearly as smooth, i.e., while not as smooth as Harmon, it has no discernable texture, really just a little less gloss. The stock is a little whiter, which I like. It prints, at least for me, with the about the same settings as Harmon, and with no changes in the image. The paper has a better feel to the hand the Harmon.

Bottomline, at the same price (or even more until now) as Harmon, the differences are not enough to make me change, but at a much lower price, I am giving it a serious look. It is also packaged much better - I have not gotten a single 17x25 box of Harmon that has not had broken corners. Also - 17x25 stinks, at least in a 3800 - you have to steady it or it miss feeds, but 17x22 works OK. While I suppose I could cut all the Harmon sheets before I print, I trim them after to get rid of the broken corners.