PDA

View Full Version : protect images in pdf?

Darin Boville
29-Oct-2009, 13:21
I was just about ready to put the pdf of a portfolio book on my website when I realized that some of the work would then be on the web at full resolution. Some of the images are from video cams (still images), for example.

I know that putting up a "secure" pdf is worthless, and I could always put a big copyright symbol over the image (yuk).

I don't seem to have any other options...or do I?

--Darin

bobwysiwyg
29-Oct-2009, 13:54
Do a Google search on "How can I prevent the downloading of an image?" and you will find some possible deterrents, such as image slicing. Nothing is completely bullet proof, but it might slow most down a bit.

ic-racer
29-Oct-2009, 13:59
If you don't want me to download it to my computer, then I can't see it.

Brian_A
29-Oct-2009, 20:33
If you don't want me to download it to my computer, then I can't see it.

Exactly. If it's there and they want it, someone will find a way. Wonderful world we live in, isn't it?

Frank Petronio
29-Oct-2009, 21:25
Take it as a compliment and a marketing tool. Just be sure to include your contact and copyright info in the image's metadata.

"Bad" guys are going to swipe no matter what, but why put off legit customers with PITA protection schemes that don't work anyway? I want an art director to use my image for a comp -- at least there is a chance they'll come to me to shoot the job.