PDA

View Full Version : an opening of my work this Saturday 10/24 in Berkeley, CA 7-9 PM

claudiocambon
19-Oct-2009, 20:47
Dear fellow LF'ers in Northern California,

I wanted to invite you to an opening of my photographs and paintings based on these landscapes by my friend Sherrod Blankner, which will be shown together with the paintings of Kim Bass this coming Saturday, October 24th, between 7 and 9 PM at the Art Gym, which is located at 1717d 4th St. in Berkeley (see www.fourthstreetstudio.com for more information). All three of us will be in attendance. I have 5-6 pieces in the show, as does Sherrod (her work is the true gem in this show!).

The bluegrass band Breakthrough will be playing, and there will be various nibbles and libations. It is a kid-friendly event, although the space is dense with easels and artworks, and so the little ones may eventually tire of not being able to run around freely.

Please come if you can and by all means tell your family and friends. All are welcome.

Cheers!

Claudio

jim kitchen
19-Oct-2009, 21:39
Dear Claudio,

Your presentations should do extremely well, and the paintings happen to be a wonderful bonus... :)

I hope you and the other artists have a successful show.

jim k

claudiocambon
20-Oct-2009, 08:00
Dear Claudio,

Your presentations should do extremely well, and the paintings happen to be a wonderful bonus... :)

I hope you and the other artists have a successful show.

jim k

Thanks, Jim!

Actually, to paraphrase Lincoln Kirstein, the best photograph looks terrible on the wall next to even the worst etching or drawing, so I am hoping to stand up. Actually Sherrod's paintings are pretty great, I would say an improvement on my work!:D

John Kasaian
20-Oct-2009, 08:55
Congratulations! :)

BradS
20-Oct-2009, 12:09
hmmm....did you say libations?

I'll see if I can make it. Thanks for the invite and congrats.

Brad.

Buelteman
21-Oct-2009, 11:50
Claudio-

You are the MAN.
Hoping for a big turnout and lots of sales for you.
Julie and I won't be in attendance as we are still battling the Lyme Disease, but will be sending good thoughts your way.
Delighted to have your ship breaking print in our home.

-Rob

claudiocambon
21-Oct-2009, 19:21
Claudio-

You are the MAN.
Hoping for a big turnout and lots of sales for you.
Julie and I won't be in attendance as we are still battling the Lyme Disease, but will be sending good thoughts your way.
Delighted to have your ship breaking print in our home.

-Rob

Welcome to the site, Rob!

Everybody look out for Rob, a true madman in the photographic world, author of amazingly original, beautiful work (done on sheet film but not using a camera - is it still large format?!!), and once upon a time my first employer when I moved to SF.