PDA

View Full Version : calibrate settings-Epson 3800--Harman FB Gloss

Raymond Bleesz
17-Oct-2009, 06:03
Hello--My printer is now calibrated for Epson Exhibition Matt---using recommended setting's of Eric Chan at MIT---------I am very satisfied with results--All looks peachie---However, am attempting to install proper settings for Harman FB Gloss & am not getting correct printing----running into problems such as a "cyan posterization in the shadows" of the print. I have checked & double checked ICC settings, Harman suggestions, Chan's suggestions, etc, etc etc.

Suggestions?
Could the printer, itself, be the bugger, as it's a new "refubrished" unit. This, of course, not what I want to hear--forget I brought this to your attention.

Thank you--Raymond

Greg Lockrey
17-Oct-2009, 09:36
I use just what Harman suggests in the instruction sheet that comes with the paper and find that it is difficult to beat with the 3800. Could be the cyan tinge is a cleaning issue.

D. Bryant
17-Oct-2009, 11:15
Hello--My printer is now calibrated for Epson Exhibition Matt---using recommended setting's of Eric Chan at MIT---------I am very satisfied with results--All looks peachie---However, am attempting to install proper settings for Harman FB Gloss & am not getting correct printing----running into problems such as a "cyan posterization in the shadows" of the print. I have checked & double checked ICC settings, Harman suggestions, Chan's suggestions, etc, etc etc.

Suggestions?
Could the printer, itself, be the bugger, as it's a new "refubrished" unit. This, of course, not what I want to hear--forget I brought this to your attention.

Thank you--Raymond

Get a custom profile made by Eric and see if that corrects the problem. Canned ICC profiles don't always work as intended. I have a 3800 with an excellent ICC profile and it does make better prints than the Harman canned profiles.

Also are you soft proofing your work?

I hate the Epson Exhibition paper base color, it's just too blue for me.

Don Bryant