PDA

View Full Version : Found the perfect bag for 5x7 holders!

Chauncey Walden
13-Oct-2009, 15:38
In the junk pile at my favorite camera shop was an old Sharp VHS camcorder, one of the giant ones. Not exciting these days, but it and its accessories were in a very nice zippered padded bag with carrying handle and shoulder strap. Some quick eyeballing (no 5x7 holders available) told me that it just might be the right size for 5x7 holders. Left $5 and everything except the bag at the shop and headed home with my fingers crossed. Well, it is exactly the right size and comfortably holds 25 holders in zip lock bags upright. It also has a roomy zippered pouch on the front. This is going to replace a nice paper sack with "Ansel Adams Gallery" on the side. Maybe not as much class as the sack, but just what I've been looking for to hold the 5x7 holders since I found another perfect bag (a padded cooler) at Wal-Mart for 8x10 holders.

Eric Biggerstaff
13-Oct-2009, 16:11
Nice snag Chauncey, as always!

Bruce Barlow
14-Oct-2009, 04:02
The WalMart bag holds 5x7 holders close to perfect, too. I have three - two for 8x10s and one for 25 - 5x7s. More than twice the price, though, $12.61...

Ginette
6-Nov-2009, 14:47
The WalMart bag holds 5x7 holders close to perfect, too. I have three - two for 8x10s and one for 25 - 5x7s. More than twice the price, though, $12.61...

How much 8x10 entered in your WalMart bag? Is it the same bag for both sizes?
I don't know if we have it here in Canada but a picture will be appreciate. What mark is indicated on the bags?

Keith Pitman
6-Nov-2009, 15:44
These are nice too: http://www.photobackpacker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RPT&Product_Code=RKSideP&Category_Code=RPT05

They will actually hold six holders nicely.

ki6mf
7-Nov-2009, 05:10
And for the little brother, 4X5, check out Uncle Mikes Range Bag. This is the Deluxe version. See if you can get the standard version its perfect for 25 4X5 and retails for $29.00. http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/deluxe_range_bag.html

Bruce Barlow
7-Nov-2009, 08:12
How much 8x10 entered in your WalMart bag? Is it the same bag for both sizes?
I don't know if we have it here in Canada but a picture will be appreciate. What mark is indicated on the bags?

I put ten 8x10 holders in each bag, and have two to carry the 8x10 inventory. THese bags came with hard plastic liners that I took out and turned into waste baskets. The holders won't fit in the plastic waste baskets, but fit in the bag perfectly when they're removed.

The bags are sized to fit some number of cans, not sure if it's a full two-four... Look in the picnic bag section of your local Wally World.