PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition in Thousand Oaks - QT too!

Lon Overacker
22-Sep-2009, 22:14
Hey folks,

Wanted to announce that there will be a group photography exhibit at the Four Seasons Hotel and Resort in Westlake Village, California. Opening night is October 16th.

This is a group exhibit and your very own founder, Quang-Tuan Luong will be exhibiting. also fellow member Harley Goldman and myself will have prints in the display. This will run through the end of January. Tuan is all over the map! He will have on display a number of his National Park prints - I guess the ones that didn't make NY. :-)

If you live in the area or will be nearby on October 16th, you are welcome to stop by. I believe Tuan, Harley and myself will have the only LF prints on display.

If you're in the neighborhood, please stop by!

Thanks!
Lon

Greg Gibbons
10-Oct-2009, 08:27
Four Seasons will showcase California photographers

The art gallery at the Four Seasons Hotel will feature a new exhibition of photography from 10 emerging California photographers this fall.

A rotating exhibit of California artists will be presented throughout the year in the art gallery on the second floor of the lobby at California Health & Longevity Institute, Two Dole Drive, Westlake Village.

A complimentary artists’ reception will debut the collection officially from 5 to 7 pm. Fri., Oct. 16. Guests will have an opportunity to meet the artists and purchase the work on display in the art gallery. Reservations are requested and space is limited.

The artists featured in the exhibit are Susannah Sofaer, Quan-Tuan Luong, Steve Sieren, Laurel Bloom, Patrick Smith, Lon Overacker, Ken Hornbrook, Qui Tan Le, Harley Goldman and Jay McClow.

Sculptures from Sylvia Chait and Delesprie will also be featured.

The exhibition is open to the public and can be viewed for three months starting Oct. 16.

For more information and reception reservations, call (818) 865-8572.

QT Luong
12-Oct-2009, 12:56
I believe the reception is open, and there will be some champagne. I'll be there.

vinny
12-Oct-2009, 14:12
I'll see if I can make it. I've seen much of QT's work in person and it's very well done.

Lon Overacker
12-Oct-2009, 15:15
Thanks for posting the reminder Greg and Tuan for consolidating the announcement. It will be nice to see you again on Friday.

Vinny - were you just up in Lee Vining canyon last week camped across from Preston? He and I were hanging out for a few days trying to photograph that awesome autumn green! Maybe we'll meet on Friday.

Lon

vinny
12-Oct-2009, 15:30
Yes Lon, now I remember Preston mentioning your name. I'm going to pick up about 20 sheets of processed E-6 from the trip right now. Hope you had good luck while up there too.

Harley Goldman
12-Oct-2009, 15:33
It will be great to see anyone who can make it to the reception. I am looking forward to meeting all.

Greg Gibbons
16-Oct-2009, 19:30
Lon and QT, it was great to meet you both. AMAZING prints, truly. I'm inspired and overawed at the same time.

Lon Overacker
17-Oct-2009, 00:41
Greg,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Pretty decent turnout. Got a little busy and wish there was more time to chat with you and others.

Thanks for the comment!

Lon