PDA

View Full Version : Tucson, Arizona LF Get-Together, Oct. 17 or 18?

Mark Sawyer
6-Oct-2009, 12:17
We did this a few months ago, and people seemed to enjoy it. Shall we do it again? My house, (mid-town Tucson, near Campbell and Grant), Oct, 17 (Saturday) or 18 (Sunday)? Early afternoon? (I have a reasonably passable backyard for shooting, if the urge strikes...)

Bring recent work, anything else interesting, or just bring yourself! Anyone up for it?

goamules
6-Oct-2009, 20:24
I'm sure planning on coming. Sat might be good, but I can do either. Finally, it's cooling down....

shadow images
6-Oct-2009, 20:28
I think I can make it down. Can provide a ride if anyone from phoenix is going.

Mark Sawyer
7-Oct-2009, 17:02
Hi, Lyle ~

You're more than welcome to come down! I can't promise whether the event will be worth the drive, but there may be bit of wet-plate action, (Tony is bringing his stull, and perhaps Garrett), maybe portraits with a couple of old lenses, and looking at some work. And whatever other trouble we can get into...

Mark Sawyer
8-Oct-2009, 09:22
Looks like it's on for Saturday, Oct. 17th. Maybe show up between 2 and 3 pm. Very informal... If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send you directions!

~ Mark

ljb0904
8-Oct-2009, 12:00
I'd love to, but am previously engaged on the weekends for the next couple of months. I hope you do this again!

Mark Sawyer
8-Oct-2009, 12:24
I hope so too... it will be posted here!

Mark Sawyer
15-Oct-2009, 09:45
Just a "bump" to remind anyone in the area that we're getting together this Saturday! PM for directions if you need them...

Old_Time_Photography
21-Feb-2011, 00:17
[QUOTE=Mark Sawyer;515095]We did this a few months ago, and people seemed to enjoy it. Shall we do it again? My house, (mid-town Tucson, near Campbell and Grant), Oct, 17 (Saturday) or 18 (Sunday)? Early afternoon? (I have a reasonably passable backyard for shooting, if the urge strikes...)

Bring recent work, anything else interesting, or just bring yourself! Anyone up for Do you have anything in Tucson for 2011

Old_Time_Photography
21-Feb-2011, 00:19
Do you have a metup in Tucson for 2011

Mark Sawyer
21-Feb-2011, 07:52
We seem to do a few each year, no set schedule, often at my mid-town house as I have a darkroom and a semi-decent backyard to work in. It's recovering from the worst freeze in decades right now, but in a couple of months, maybe sooner if people get desparate! We could always do it elsewhere too; I'm open to suggestions of dates!

Old_Time_Photography
24-Feb-2011, 21:55
I also Live in ucson, AZ who is this Group phone nubers or contact information would help.:(

Mark Sawyer
25-Feb-2011, 14:47
Don't be sad, we'll make sure you're in on the next one! But we're pretty irregular about it. My phone # is 520-327-1345. Give me a call some evening soon, tonight if you like!

(I'm wondering if we already know each other; I've been pretty involved in photography around Tucson for a few decades, and it's a small community.)

Anyone else in town is welcome too. I'll make sure there's an invitation here.

goamules
26-Feb-2011, 15:51
...Anyone else in town is welcome too. I'll make sure there's an invitation here.

Are you sure you have room for that many? I mean, Tucson has grown....

Mark Sawyer
26-Feb-2011, 22:20
Are you sure you have room for that many? I mean, Tucson has grown....

Well, you know... anyone of the large-format-persuasion. We're still a pretty select group! :D

Ramiro Elena
27-Feb-2011, 15:41
I'll make it there... sometime. Not this year but I gotta come down to Tucson sooner or later.

J_Tardiff
28-Feb-2011, 16:07
I may eventually join you guys -- have a job offer at the U of A brewing. Big decision to leave NYC for Tucson, but it may be time...

JT

Mark Sawyer
28-Feb-2011, 18:18
You'll be more than welcome to join us! Tucson is a big step from NY; up, down or sideways, it depends on who you ask...

BTW, I'm thinkin' by late March things will be green enough for a get together...

Laszlo
24-Apr-2011, 09:37
Any news on the get-together?

Mark Sawyer
24-Apr-2011, 11:08
Yeah, we need to do one sometime! :D

windij
13-May-2011, 14:33
What's this? Other people in Tucson with big cameras? I'm game for a get-together.