PDA

View Full Version : On the way to Sydney

roteague
28-Sep-2009, 23:43
Sorry for the late notice ...

I'll be arriving in Sydney on Wednesday night, staying at the Mercure Sydney Airport. I'll be spending all day Thursday in the city, and am planning a LF shoot somewhere near the Opera House late afternoon, a couple hours before sunset. I'll have my Chamonix with me, and probably a Nikon F6 as well. All who would like to join me are welcome. Please leave a message for me at the hotel, telling me where to meet up. Sorry, I don't have a mobile, so I may not be able to call back until I get to the hotel, 9pm (2100).

BradS
29-Sep-2009, 15:12
sounds wonderful. I would love to meet up but, it is a little far and such late notice....have fun.

Shen45
29-Sep-2009, 17:11
Have a great trip Robert. Will you be heading to Bright as well this year?
If you hadn't heard Sydney had a huge dust storm just recently.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_australia_dust_storm

Steve

AF-ULF
29-Sep-2009, 19:59
If you get the chance, do the bridge walk. You can't take your camera with you, but it is well worth it.

Shen45
29-Sep-2009, 20:23
sounds wonderful. I would love to meet up but, it is a little far and such late notice....have fun.

It's only 15 hour flight from San Fransisco or Los Angeles. If you leave now you will be here before you leave.

BradS
29-Sep-2009, 21:16
It's only 15 hour flight from San Fransisco or Los Angeles. If you leave now you will be here before you leave.

Tempting....I can almost imaging the ensuing discussion with accounting at home.....

seabird
30-Sep-2009, 01:11
Sorry Robert, I would have liked to have caught up with you - and an evening shoot around the Bridge/Opera House sounds like a great idea - but unfortunately I have a prior engagement that I cannot move. Maybe next time.

Have a good stay - the weather is looking good for Thursday at this stage (mostly sunny: 14-31 degrees C).

Carey Bird

roteague
30-Sep-2009, 04:35
Have a great trip Robert. Will you be heading to Bright as well this year?
If you hadn't heard Sydney had a huge dust storm just recently.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_australia_dust_storm

Steve

Hi Steve,

I heard about the dust storm, but I'm sure everything is cleaned up now.

I just got in about an hour ago, and am at the hotel now. Off to load film holders, tomorrow is a long day!! Then to Bright.

Wish you were close by Steve, it's been too long since I last saw you (and many fond memories of our trip together).

Talk to you later,

Robert

roteague
30-Sep-2009, 04:37
Sorry Robert, I would have liked to have caught up with you - and an evening shoot around the Bridge/Opera House sounds like a great idea - but unfortunately I have a prior engagement that I cannot move. Maybe next time.

Have a good stay - the weather is looking good for Thursday at this stage (mostly sunny: 14-31 degrees C).

Carey Bird

No problem, I realize it was late notice ... work has been keeping me to the point where I just want to collapse when I get home, much less do photography or internet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Robert

briand
30-Sep-2009, 14:40
Hi Robert.
Enjoy your stay in Sydney,if your coming to Mansfield or Bright I would love to catch up, have not long returned from my first trip with the 4x5 and was happy with the results.
Cheers Brian :D