PDA

View Full Version : Which Kodak Safelight Filter for Lodima?

Jim Cole
23-Sep-2009, 18:07
I am awaiting my first shipment of Lodima and need to know which Kodak Safelight filter(s) will be OK for this paper?

I inherited an old unit that uses the 5.5" filters.

Thanks

Dan Schmidt
23-Sep-2009, 18:40
pretty much anything red will work. I have thomas safe light, but used to use a red (not explicitly for printing) bulb I got at a hardware store.

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Sep-2009, 18:54
I am awaiting my first shipment of Lodima and need to know which Kodak Safelight filter(s) will be OK for this paper?

I inherited an old unit that uses the 5.5" filters.

Thanks

Jim the great thing about Lodima/Azo is that if you have a Thomas you can have the vanes wide open and not fog the paper. You will be amazed how bright your darkroom is. One of the extra benefits on Lodima/Azo.

Jim

John Bowen
23-Sep-2009, 19:09
Jim the great thing about Lodima/Azo is that if you have a Thomas you can have the vanes wide open and not fog the paper. You will be amazed how bright your darkroom is. One of the extra benefits on Lodima/Azo.

Jim

Yes Jim, a Thomas Safelight makes working in the darkroom MUCH more pleasant. I got mine 2 years ago and wish I had purchased it 20 years ago. You can pick them up on Ebay for little $$ if the cost of a new one (approx $275 if my memory is correct) seems too high.

Good luck with the Lodima....I can't wait to get my shipment.

Jim Cole
23-Sep-2009, 19:41
I'd love to have a Thomas light, but I gotta keep it simple in the bathroom of a house that I'm trying to sell.

Shall I assume that I can use one of the lighter red filters for this light since Lodima is a slow paper?

Thanks

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Sep-2009, 19:54
Jim, yes it will work fine. Eventually get yourself a Thomas light and life in the darkroom will be much better.

Jim

Jim Cole
23-Sep-2009, 20:11
Jim, yes it will work fine. Eventually get yourself a Thomas light and life in the darkroom will be much better.

Jim

Thanks, Jim

iozone
23-Sep-2009, 20:40
Kodak recomends an OC safelight filter in their AZO technical publication.
You can find the publication here:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/g10/g10.pdf

This should work with Lodima as well.

Jim Cole
23-Sep-2009, 20:55
Perfect! Thanks Ed.