PDA

View Full Version : Help! problem re:Linhof 6x7/6x9 rollfilm back for 5x4

mark e mark
12-Sep-2009, 10:33
Folks I need some help on my newly acquired 6x7 linhof back for my 5x4 camera. Hope you can help out. It is the newer version of the back (black). My concern is, the main roller (large diameter) which the film comes off the spool and goes over is very stiff. Does this roller activate the frame counter? I need to wind on the lever 2 or 2 and a bit times to wind on to the next frame, should it be only once? :confused:

Peter K
12-Sep-2009, 11:22
My concern is, the main roller (large diameter) which the film comes off the spool and goes over is very stiff. Does this roller activate the frame counter? I need to wind on the lever 2 or 2 and a bit times to wind on to the next frame, should it be only once? :confused:
If the back is open the gear box is blocked, so the main roller is stiff. This roller isn't only for the counter but for measuring the distance the film will be moved.
"In the firstexposure setting the winding lever moves the greatest distance, but is reduced, however, for each of the following exposures (2, 3, 4)."
from the operating instruction

Peter

mark e mark
12-Sep-2009, 11:28
Peter- Thanks a lot, I thought, for a moment, I might have purchased a broken one.

Mark

Bob Salomon
12-Sep-2009, 11:53
Mark,

You should be more specific. The latest Linhof 67 back for 4x5 and 6x9 cameras is the Rapid Rollex. It sounds like you have the Super Rollex. The Rapid Rollex is a slip-in design that fits under the GG on 45 and on 69 cameras. The Super Rollex replaces the gg on the cameras it is used on.

mark e mark
14-Sep-2009, 13:33
Hi Bob, it is a Super Rollex. I was not aware of the Rapid Rollex.