PDA

View Full Version : Carbon-Platinum workshop in Pasadena

Jim Fitzgerald
31-Aug-2009, 19:38
Per Volquartz and I are going to be giving a unique workshop in February of 2010. I will be teaching single transfer carbon and Per will be teaching Platinum/Palladium. Some information is below. This is a great opportunity for the people of Southern California to learn carbon transfer and Platinum/Palladium.

Thanks.

Jim Fitzgerald

The Carbon - Platinum Combo!
2 for the price of one!!!

A unique 2 day workshop combining two alternate processes, presented by two teachers, Jim Fitzgerald (Carbon printing) and Per Volquartz (Platinum printing).
It will take place in Pasadena, California on February 20 - 21.
Tuition, including all materials (bring negs. for contact printing please) = $165.00 per person; absolute max = 12 people.
The participants will be divided into two groups.
On day 1 group A will do Carbon printing, group B Platinum
On day 2 group A will do Platinum printing while group B will work with the Carbon process.

Light lunch, snacks and refreshments are included.

To sign up please email Per Volquartz at
volquartz @volquartz.com

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Jan-2010, 11:42
I thought I would bump this post for anyone interested. The workshop is next month ans we have 2 spots and only 2 spots left. If anyone is curious about two wonderful processes please contact Per right away. Guaranteed to have a great learning experience. Two very full days of fun.

Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Jan-2010, 13:00
Well, it looks like we are down to one spot left.

Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
15-Feb-2010, 20:19
Here is an update. We have had two last minute cancellations. So, we have two spots open for this workshop. If you have ever wondered about these two great processes now you can check it out. Follow the link and sign up. Thanks.

Jim

Michael Clark
22-Feb-2010, 13:51
Great work shop Jim, do appreciate the hard work you and Per and Dan did putting this thing together, learned a lot. Got the old juices running again ,and all fired up.What a great median to work with,so much a person can create with it.
Mike Clark

Jim Fitzgerald
22-Feb-2010, 20:45
Mike, I'm glad that you came away with some inspiration and some useful information. I know we did okay with your carbon prints. You have the understanding to forge ahead if you wish. The commitment in time is great but so are the rewards. Thanks for putting up with me for what was a very long day of carbon printing.

Jim

Curt
22-Feb-2010, 21:19
Jim, it was a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate all of the hard work you put into the workshop to make it a great experience. I'm going to start working again when I get home. I'm looking forward to making my own tissue. The possibilities are endless.

Per, you put magic in photography making it a pure joy. I never knew Platinum could be as pleasurable and enjoyable, it's very calming for me.

Many thanks to Per, Jim, Don and all who helped me.

Curt

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Feb-2010, 11:58
Jim, it was a pleasure to meet you and I appreciate all of the hard work you put into the workshop to make it a great experience. I'm going to start working again when I get home. I'm looking forward to making my own tissue. The possibilities are endless.

Per, you put magic in photography making it a pure joy. I never knew Platinum could be as pleasurable and enjoyable, it's very calming for me.

Many thanks to Per, Jim, Don and all who helped me.

Curt

Curt, it was very nice to meet you and work with your images. We got some nice one's didn't we? You know some of the adjustments you need to make and how they relate so if any questions come up you can always contact me.

See, making glop and pouring it is not that bad. Really, this is what every carbon printer needs to do in my opinion. Keep in touch.

Jim