PDA

View Full Version : My Gallery

bob carnie
13-Aug-2009, 12:56
Hi Folks
I just want to announce that our Gallery here in Toronto www.dylanellis.com has its own ULR and is no longer only found at www.elevatordigital.ca.

Bob

John Brady
13-Aug-2009, 13:17
Hi Bob,
The link isn't working for me, it takes me to a parking page. The old link is still working though.
www.gladesgallery.com

Filmnut
13-Aug-2009, 13:39
The link doesn't work for me also. Great gallery though, I've been there!
Keith

bob carnie
13-Aug-2009, 13:39
In my haste I listed it wrong www.dylanellisgallery.com
my fingers can't keep up to my brain.

bob carnie
13-Aug-2009, 13:41
Mr Filmnut
give me a call I need fuji metal set up numbers from your Lambda, also I want to give the negative a run again sometime next week.
are you up for it.
Bob

The link doesn't work for me also. Great gallery though, I've been there!
Keith

rdenney
13-Aug-2009, 13:53
In my haste I listed it wrong www.dylanellisgallery.com
my fingers can't keep up to my brain.

The site has a great visual look, but for some reason it does not allow my latest version of Firefox the back button. That makes navigating the site rather difficult.

Rick "who'd like to see more of the work of those artists listed" Denney

bob carnie
13-Aug-2009, 14:00
I will pass this on to my web developer, as I not sure how to answer.

The site has a great visual look, but for some reason it does not allow my latest version of Firefox the back button. That makes navigating the site rather difficult.

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
13-Aug-2009, 14:44
Congratulations, Bob. Running an art gallery in today's economy has got to be a challenge. I hope you succeed.

Marko
13-Aug-2009, 14:45

It does allow it, but there is no "back" to go to, because the entire site is contained in one page, where different sections are being animated in or out of visible window via javascript. Almost like a Flash site, but not quite...

percepts
13-Aug-2009, 20:58
I'd be asking myself if search engines, especially google, follow all the javascript links and actually load the jquery/ajax content so that they can index your site. But since it is only one page with one page title, the search engine optimisation will be neglible. i.e. you will get few hits on the site unless they come from other sites directly linking to it or through other forms of advertising.

Also very annoying that if you try and bookmark the page of a specific artist and try to go directly to that artists page from your bookmark, then it will always load the home page and you have to navigate your way back to that artists page or any other page you thought you bookmarked..

All very well using jquery/ajax but a technical exercise in writing the whole site using it is a triumph of geekishness over whats good for search engine optimisation.

bob carnie
14-Aug-2009, 06:10
Thank you David
We could not have opened at a worse time, Oct 2009 just as the economy tanked up here.
Sales have indeed been slow and thankfully the lab side of our operations pays the bills.
But we have had very strong shows, lots of traffic, and this venture is fun to run.
Bob

Congratulations, Bob. Running an art gallery in today's economy has got to be a challenge. I hope you succeed.

bob carnie
14-Aug-2009, 06:12
Marko, Percepts and others with tech skills on website design, I appreciate your views and have directed my tech guy to follow this thread as we are always open to advice.
You are all speaking a language I do not understand as my only second language is Moronica.
thanks for any help.