PDA

View Full Version : info on the Graphlex series B

Steve M Hostetter
12-Aug-2009, 18:21
Hello,,

I have a Graphlex series B I obtained off ebay couple years ago now.. I was wondering if I can get film for the back that came with the camera which is a Graflex film pack adapter..:eek: <~~~I know, DUMB dumb

Also, I am interested in seeing these cameras that have been converted to use 4x5" film.:o <~~curious idiot
and , what can I do as a quick cheap fix for the small damaged bellows, Max extention is 2-1/2" long
I doubt I could find a good used one ?
I got this cam with the idea it was a 4x5 which is how it was sold as but it was the lens that the seller must of went by when he labled it a 4x5 Graphlex.. I didn't bother sending it back I just thought I'd use it for parts but now would like to make it usable. :D <~~~can't read or write
many thanks
steve

Bill_1856
12-Aug-2009, 19:29
Film packs haven't been made since the 1990, but your Graflex will take sheet film with no adaption. Sheet film holders are often sold on ebay -- just be sure to get the ones for GraFLEX not GraPHIC backs. You can also frequently find roll film holders to fit the
Graflex cameras.
There's lots of information on this forum and Photo.net about how to repair bellows.

Dan Fromm
13-Aug-2009, 01:37
What size Series B do you have? 2x3, 3x4, 5x7<G>? All you've told us is "not 4x5."

If 2x3, I have a bellows that seems good that I extracted from a 2x3 RB Series B.

Convert to 4x5? At today's prices you might be better off buying a 4x5.

If you use Google with care (start by looking for Graflex and conversion and 4x5) you should find the site of someone who offers to convert 3x4 Graflexes to 4x5. I think this means "attach a 4x5 back," not "make the camera larger so that it will expose all of a 4x5 sheet." Sorry, didn't bookmark it. When you search, spell Graflex correctly.

Ask for advice on www.graflex.org

Steve M Hostetter
13-Aug-2009, 06:38
Hello Dan,,

I have a 3x4 Graflex series B ..

Steve M Hostetter
13-Aug-2009, 08:56
Film packs haven't been made since the 1990, but your Graflex will take sheet film with no adaption. Sheet film holders are often sold on ebay -- just be sure to get the ones for GraFLEX not GraPHIC backs. You can also frequently find roll film holders to fit the
Graflex cameras.
There's lots of information on this forum and Photo.net about how to repair bellows.

thank you Bill, you saved me much confussion