PDA

View Full Version : JD photochem Canada closing

Hans Berkhout
6-Aug-2009, 16:20
Claire Vrana of JD Photochem in Quebec Canada is selling what chemicals are left in stock- then she'll close the business. What a pity. Plan B anybody?

mikebarger
6-Aug-2009, 18:46
artcraft?

Mike

Jim MacKenzie
6-Aug-2009, 20:59
And Photo Formulary.

very disappointing news indeed. PF won't ship chemicals like hydroquinone to Canada.

bob carnie
7-Aug-2009, 06:27
Nymoc in Toronto is a wonderful resource for photo chemicals .

Peter De Smidt
7-Aug-2009, 09:25
It's a shame about JD Photochem.

Paul Kierstead
7-Aug-2009, 10:28
Ah, crap

Jim MacKenzie
7-Aug-2009, 18:41
Does Nymoc do mail order? I see they don't seem to have a website.

I get to Toronto regularly but I'm pretty sure Air Canada and WestJet don't really want me to bring huge quantities of photochemicals on board :)

bob carnie
8-Aug-2009, 06:39
Not sure if they do , call John and ask , really nice, competent people.

Does Nymoc do mail order? I see they don't seem to have a website.

I get to Toronto regularly but I'm pretty sure Air Canada and WestJet don't really want me to bring huge quantities of photochemicals on board :)

Jim MacKenzie
8-Aug-2009, 08:42
Thanks Bob. I'll talk to them.

For smaller amounts of chemicals (e.g. hydroquinone), is it practical to just drop in while I'm in town?

bob carnie
8-Aug-2009, 11:35
They are very friendly and helpful, just call the day before to let them know your needs and it will be ready in most cases

Jim MacKenzie
8-Aug-2009, 17:36
Thanks again Bob.

Andrew O'Neill
17-Aug-2009, 23:47
This sucks, especially when I am getting into carbon printing and need a steady supply of ammonium di-chromate and other chemicals. All the suppliers in the States says that they won't ship ammonium di-chromate internationally. Where the hell are we Canadians supposed to go?? I'll try Nymoc in Toronto, but do they sell such chemicals, or just typical run of the mill stuff like metol, etc?

I emailed Claire at jd to try and stock up, but no reply...

Andrew ren
18-Aug-2009, 03:24
bob,

is this where you get your chems from?

Andrew

bob carnie
18-Aug-2009, 07:03
I buy all my raw chemicals from Nymoc
give them a call for your specific needs.
ask for John or his son.

bob,

is this where you get your chems from?

Andrew

Andrew O'Neill
19-Aug-2009, 11:15
I just got off the phone with John at Nymoc, and they do carry what I need for carbon printing...yay! Their email address is:

nymoc@bellnet.ca