PDA

View Full Version : Adox Premium MC 111 Now (Almost) Available

Eric Biggerstaff
6-Aug-2009, 15:12
I know some people have been wondering when the Adox Premium MC 111 paper will be available.

I called Freestyle today and they expect the paper in the warehouse early next month. They are taking orders now and your order will be placed into backorder until it arrives.

Freestyle will stock 8x10, 11X14, 16X20 and 20X24 all in 25 sheet packages.

I was quoted $25.99 for 8X10 and $46.99 for the 11X14 (didn't get the 16X20 or 20X24 size for some dumb reason).

This is a great paper and for those of you still working in the darkroom, you should try it.

mikebarger
6-Aug-2009, 16:16
Ordered some of the 8x10, sure would like to see 100 or 250 sheet boxes.

Mike

Eric Woodbury
6-Aug-2009, 16:24
Eric

what makes it great? Have you tried it? Paper color? Image color? Similar to ...

I just tried the Adox Vario Classic VC FB. Developed in DS14. Looks good. So far I like it. I've been living on Bergger VC CB, but I've had some issues. I do like the color, but not always available and sometimes the surface is crusty looking.

Oren Grad
6-Aug-2009, 22:04
Similar to ...

...the late, much-lamented Agfa MCC.

Eric Biggerstaff
7-Aug-2009, 08:06
Eric,

As Oren said, very similiar to the Agfa MCC except on a brighter white base. To my eye, the tone falls between the Foma Varient 111 and Ilford Warmtone FB which are the two papers I mostly use. I like to tone it in Selinium 1+10 for about 2 minutes to get the final tone I like. I know someone who uses a brown toner and feels that color is very good on it.

I was given about 75 sheets of this paper to test several months ago and have been waiting for it to become available as I feel it will become one of my favorite papers.

PViapiano
7-Aug-2009, 08:30
I've been living on Bergger VC CB, but I've had some issues. I do like the color, but not always available and sometimes the surface is crusty looking.

I love the Bergger VCCB...haven't noticed any issues here. It's a great paper...