PDA

View Full Version : New book by Roman Loranc

Merg Ross
30-Jul-2009, 15:31
Fractal Dreams, a new book of photographs by Roman Loranc will be available for purchase on August 1, 2009 from Photography West Gallery in Carmel.

http://www.photographywest.com/pages/loranc_book_print_set.html

Tony Karnezis
30-Jul-2009, 15:50
Will you be going to the book signing on Saturday? If so I'll see you there.

Merg Ross
30-Jul-2009, 16:18
Will you be going to the book signing on Saturday? If so I'll see you there.

Tony, unfortunately I have a conflicting appointment. I bet there will be a good crowd; I have seen similar events out the door and down the sidewalk! Roman has a large following, and rightly so.

Bill_1856
30-Jul-2009, 17:45
I hope it is soon available w/o a print at an affordable price.

QT Luong
30-Jul-2009, 17:56
My understanding is that it will be $150. BTW, most likely I won't be able to attend, so it would be great if Tony reported. It will be interesting to see if the recession has made a dent in the audience.

Tony Karnezis
30-Jul-2009, 18:41
I'm guessing the economy probably won't affect Roman's sales. He has a very loyal following of people who appreciate the quality and value of his work. He sold out the entire edition of a couple of his photographs at his last Photography West reception. I'll tell you how things go.

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
31-Jul-2009, 13:57
I'm guessing the economy probably won't affect Roman's sales. He has a very loyal following of people who appreciate the quality and value of his work. He sold out the entire edition of a couple of his photographs at his last Photography West reception. I'll tell you how things go.

The book was printed by Dual Graphics - so the book will be GORGEOUS.

Tony Karnezis
4-Aug-2009, 00:39
The reception was lots of fun. It was nice to see Roman again, all happy and tan, and there was a very strong turnout to welcome him. His new work was selling very well. Some of his new images, released just days before the reception, were already at price level 2, in part due to smaller editions of 40 prints. (He previously did editions of 200, 50 prints each in 4 different sizes from 8x10 to 20x24.)

The book is very nice. I have yet to examine it in good lighting next to my prints, but my first impression is that it is very nicely made (I have the special slip cased edition) and printed. Another fine book by Carol Williams at Photography West.

I'll post some photos of the reception soon.

John Kasaian
4-Aug-2009, 06:51
Thanks for the heads up, Merg! Roman Loranc's landscape photography is truly superb and I find them very inspiring, especially for me and other photographers based here in the San Joaquin valley since he sees and captures incredible beauty in a landscape that I (and others) all too often take for granted.

Tony Karnezis
6-Aug-2009, 01:55
Photos from the reception at Photography West--Roman, Cara Weston and me.

Tony Karnezis
6-Aug-2009, 01:57
Living it up

Jim collum
26-Aug-2009, 18:49
i just received my copy of the book (i had pre-ordered a book/print combo when first announced). this is the most beautifully published book i have seen. My understanding is that the trade edition has already doubled in price (the print version has already tripled). I suspect this book will end up being a classic.

jim

Doug Dolde
27-Aug-2009, 14:26
I really dig his work.

QT Luong
27-Aug-2009, 17:29
How does this book compare to Two Hearted Oaks ?

Jim collum
27-Aug-2009, 18:19
How does this book compare to Two Hearted Oaks ?

it's in a completely different league. The printing is much better.. color fidelity to the actual prints is identical (i have a print of Franciscan Abbey and compared the print to the book)

Doug Dolde
27-Aug-2009, 20:39
Can you just buy the book with no print? If so how much?

Jim collum
27-Aug-2009, 20:43
Can you just buy the book with no print? If so how much?

yea, Photography West has it for $150 ($300 signed)

Bill_1856
28-Aug-2009, 05:02
Are there any images in the book which aren't on his website?

Rider
28-Aug-2009, 08:35
Photos from the reception at Photography West--Roman, Cara Weston and me.

I assume you're not the one in the middle.

Tony Karnezis
29-Aug-2009, 17:11
Right you are, Rider.

Tony Karnezis
30-Aug-2009, 14:10
Are there any images in the book which aren't on his website?

Bill, I haven't checked which images are only in the book. But for those who are interested in buying Roman's work, know that he will be increasing his prices September 1st. His new prices can been seen at the link below.

http://www.studio391.net/pages/rl_pricing.html

If you are going to purchase anything, I highly recommend contacting Allison Wood at Photography West or Paul & Carol Kozal at Studio 391.

Tony Karnezis
4-Sep-2009, 19:32
It will be interesting to see if the recession has made a dent in the audience.

I just checked Roman's web site, and all 5 images from the book and print set are completely sold out.

smckilli
11-Sep-2009, 14:06
I just received received a copy of the slip cased edition in the mail. Both the quality of the book and the images are gorgeous.

For others who may have seen or received a copy of this edition: mine arrived without a cover on the book (i.e., the dustcover), is this normal for the slip cased edition? I'm confused because the index to the book refers to a cover photo and picture of Roman on the dustcover - which weren't included with the copy I received.

Thanks!

Jim collum
11-Sep-2009, 15:59
I just received received a copy of the slip cased edition in the mail. Both the quality of the book and the images are gorgeous.

For others who may have seen or received a copy of this edition: mine arrived without a cover on the book (i.e., the dustcover), is this normal for the slip cased edition? I'm confused because the index to the book refers to a cover photo and picture of Roman on the dustcover - which weren't included with the copy I received.

Thanks!

i have the print edition, and it came with no cover.. just the slipcase

Jim Cole
11-Sep-2009, 18:57
I just checked Roman's web site, and all 5 images from the book and print set are completely sold out.

I was just at the Photography West Gallery in Carmel today, and it looks like they have some Print Editions for sale there.