PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Exhibition to Benefit Cancer

Steve Sherman
25-Jul-2009, 18:36
Greetings Large Format Photographers,

After waiting several months for AIPAD to determine dates for 2010 no one yet knows when the event will take place.

The New England Large Format Photography Collective had hoped to announce the 3rd annual Cancer Benefit (aka Raid Our Gallery) to coincide with this grand exhibition of photography in NYC. That is not going to happen.

Only time will tell if we have waited too long to publicize the next Raid Our Gallery for 2010. The grand reception and exhibition will be one of the middle Thursdays of April 2010 here in central Connecticut.

More information will be forthcoming but we felt it imperative to make the LF community aware of our ongoing commitment to this most worthwhile cause.

Warm Regards, Steve Sherman

dwross
26-Jul-2009, 06:53
Excellent news, Steve. It's a wonderful event for a very good cause, and most of us could learn a thing or two from how well you manage and coordinate the photography aspect. I proudly display my two event posters. Looking forward to adding a third.
d

gene LaFord
26-Jul-2009, 10:52
Cool... count me in again this year. It is a very worthy cause and great weekend of events. I encourage any and all LF photographers to participate.

gene

bob carnie
26-Jul-2009, 11:00
Steve
Are you looking for some Framed Prints for auction??
How does one get involved?
Bob

Greetings Large Format Photographers,

After waiting several months for AIPAD to determine dates for 2010 no one yet knows when the event will take place.

The New England Large Format Photography Collective had hoped to announce the 3rd annual Cancer Benefit (aka Raid Our Gallery) to coincide with this grand exhibition of photography in NYC. That is not going to happen.

Only time will tell if we have waited too long to publicize the next Raid Our Gallery for 2010. The grand reception and exhibition will be one of the middle Thursdays of April 2010 here in central Connecticut.

More information will be forthcoming but we felt it imperative to make the LF community aware of our ongoing commitment to this most worthwhile cause.

Warm Regards, Steve Sherman

Ken Lee
26-Jul-2009, 11:06
I'd like to participate.

Ted Stoddard
26-Jul-2009, 11:31
Its an awesome event and I can't wait until this one... I have got new work this time...

Craig Alan Huber
26-Jul-2009, 11:35
Hi Steve - great cause ... I enjoyed participating in the event last year ... please sign me up again!

Best,
Craig

Ed Richards
26-Jul-2009, 12:11
Put me down again!

Andrew O'Neill
27-Jul-2009, 04:43
I'd like to participate again, thanks!

rjphil
27-Jul-2009, 07:08
Count me in again for prints and any behind-the-scenes work needed. It's a great evening and an incredibly worthy cause.

Steve Sherman
7-Aug-2009, 03:10
This year's Cancer Benefit, aka ROG 2010 has been scheduled for Thursday April 8th in Middletown Connecticut.

A weekend of Large Format activities will begin immediately following Thursday's exhibition of Large Format photographs. Details to follow.

Cheers!

bob carnie
7-Aug-2009, 06:25
Looking forward to attending this event, What kind of tie do I wear with blue jeans btw.

This year's Cancer Benefit, aka ROG 2010 has been scheduled for Thursday April 8th in Middletown Connecticut.

A weekend of Large Format activities will begin immediately following Thursday's exhibition of Large Format photographs. Details to follow.

Cheers!

Jeffrey Sipress
7-Aug-2009, 09:20
Man, I sure don't want to do anything that will benefit cancer, but I sure hope that your wonderful efforts support the fight against it. Good luck.

William McEwen
7-Aug-2009, 09:44
Man, I sure don't want to do anything that will benefit cancer, but I sure hope that your wonderful efforts support the fight against it. Good luck.

:) How many times have we heard "Give money in support of muscular dystrophy" etc.

Always been one of my pet peeves.

climbabout
7-Aug-2009, 09:46
Looking forward to attending this event, What kind of tie do I wear with blue jeans btw.

Bob - we were hoping you would wear the orange jumpsuit.
Tim

gene LaFord
7-Aug-2009, 10:15
Bob - we were hoping you would wear the orange jumpsuit.
Tim

The "Orange Jumpsuit" with cumber bun and a bow tie!! :D Gotta remeber to bring some color film!

gene

Steve Sherman
7-Aug-2009, 16:21

My vote, Orange jump suit, cleaned, pressed and accented with Red and Blue 2009 World Series championship tie, and don't forget the yellow crocs!

bob carnie
8-Aug-2009, 06:43
I would get arrested with that outfit in the general public. That suit is only for darkroom use.
Looking forward to visiting your area of the world again, I hope Paul can come up again with some of his magic formula. I want to take home as many as I can carry this time.

Paul Paletti
8-Aug-2009, 15:02
Don't worry, Bob. I'm in, and will bring as much as I can carry.
Paul

Brian Ellis
9-Aug-2009, 15:56
Benefit cancer? I don't think I want to participate.

e
10-Aug-2009, 12:47
Steve,
Count me in.
Cheers, Emile.

Richard M. Coda
10-Aug-2009, 13:06
Steve:

Although I am not local, I am an East-Coaster at heart (NJ) and may well move back to either RI, CT or NH is a few years when my daughter attends college somewhere in New England (hopefully RISD).

If you'd take a print from a desert-dweller, I'd be happy to contribute.

Steve Sherman
10-Aug-2009, 15:52
Steve:

Although I am not local, I am an East-Coaster at heart (NJ) and may well move back to either RI, CT or NH is a few years when my daughter attends college somewhere in New England (hopefully RISD).

If you'd take a print from a desert-dweller, I'd be happy to contribute.

Of course, we would be thrilled to accept prints from the beautiful Southwest. Details will follow.

Cheers!

Steve Sherman
10-Aug-2009, 15:57
Benefit cancer? I don't think I want to participate.

I'll take the hit on this one, my apologies for not being more specific in that the LF Exhibition is held to benefit Cancer Research with all proceeds going directly to the Middlesex Cancer Center.

That now being cleared up Brian we do hope you'll support the exhibition and even join in the weekend festivities here in Connecticut come next April.

Cheers!

Monty McCutchen
15-Aug-2009, 08:17
Having participated for the last two years I can't wait to contribute again. Not only is the cause worthwhile, the weekend events that Steve lines up is an incredible synergy of photographers. It truly is an excellent example of what is possible when a community of photographers pool talent, effort and willpower. Thanks Steve for driving this.

Monty

bob carnie
15-Aug-2009, 08:39
Ok
Nobody told me McCutchen was involved,, Steve can we drop him???

Having participated for the last two years I can't wait to contribute again. Not only is the cause worthwhile, the weekend events that Steve lines up is an incredible synergy of photographers. It truly is an excellent example of what is possible when a community of photographers pool talent, effort and willpower. Thanks Steve for driving this.

Monty

Steve Sherman
15-Aug-2009, 13:49
Ok

Synergy = McCutchen & Carnie in the same room, Not a chance

Monty McCutchen
15-Aug-2009, 20:04
Ok

Steve,

no worries. I checked. The restraining orders Connecticut put out on Carnie don't expire for a while. We should be okay

Monty

jshanesy
16-Aug-2009, 06:41
Steve,

no worries. I checked. The restraining orders Connecticut put out on Carnie don't expire for a while. We should be okay

Monty

McCutchen + Dumante Manhattans = Nuclear Holocaust, so I guess that means that now we have to drop Paletti.

bob carnie
16-Aug-2009, 06:53
Wait a moment now.
Mr Paletti is bringing up a magical formula for me and under no circumstance should he be dropped, unless he sends it up by fedx then thats ok.

McCutchen + Dumante Manhattans = Nuclear Holocaust, so I guess that means that now we have to drop Paletti.

Brian Ellis
16-Aug-2009, 09:18
I'll take the hit on this one, my apologies for not being more specific in that the LF Exhibition is held to benefit Cancer Research with all proceeds going directly to the Middlesex Cancer Center.

That now being cleared up Brian we do hope you'll support the exhibition and even join in the weekend festivities here in Connecticut come next April.

Cheers!

Sorry Steve, I should have put a smilie at the end, I knew what you meant, the heading just struck me as funny. I can't travel that far for the festivities but I'd be glad to submit a print once you get the details out.

Steve Sherman
16-Aug-2009, 16:59

So many wonderful friends we have met through the medium of photography and in particular the LF exhibition to benefit Cancer Research.

Mr. Paletti will always be in the top of the batting order so there'll be no pinch hitter there.

Happy to report, the Dumante is now local and we'll have plenty on hand

Andrew O'Neill
16-Aug-2009, 17:03
Steve, will you be posting guidelines again?

jshanesy
16-Aug-2009, 17:38
So many wonderful friends we have met through the medium of photography and in particular the LF exhibition to benefit Cancer Research.

Mr. Paletti will always be in the top of the batting order so there'll be no pinch hitter there.

Happy to report, the Dumante is now local and we'll have plenty on hand

Well, that's certainly a relief. If Paul weren't coming I'd have to drop out. I don't know how to make a Manhattan.

Steve, can you give us approximate (I'm talking really ballpark here) due dates for submission of work? both scans and prints? thanks.

Jim

Steve Sherman
16-Aug-2009, 20:41
Well, that's certainly a relief. If Paul weren't coming I'd have to drop out. I don't know how to make a Manhattan.

Steve, can you give us approximate (I'm talking really ballpark here) due dates for submission of work? both scans and prints? thanks.

Jim

The short answer Jim is March 1st for prints and scans, Dumante and George Stagg @ the door

This is the most difficult part of the process, realistically 30-40 days prior too. Invariably we get photogs asking for a few more days or a week, our hands are tied because we've made a commitment to the Cancer Center and quite possibly have turned away contributors because we've met our quota, therefore we are at everyone's mercy once you've pledged support.

NELFPC meets about four weeks before the event to photograph and catalog 150 prints, that is a big project and we need many hands. So when we set a date to do that we need to have all the entries on hand.

It truly is an inspirational event to be a part of but for that week or so when NELFPC's general stress level rises dramatically, nevertheless, we can't wait.

Saulius
24-Aug-2009, 11:36
Steve, will you be posting guidelines again?

Hello Steve. I'd like to participate again, didn't last year but did in '07. Please inform us of submission process when you can.

Stefano
26-Aug-2009, 00:30
I'm interested too.

Stefano

Stefano
26-Aug-2009, 00:31
Hello Steve. I'd like to participate again, didn't last year but did in '07. Please inform us of submission process when you can.

I'm interested too.

Stefano

Steve Sherman
26-Aug-2009, 03:40

NELFPC will meet this weekend to formulate plans for the entire weekend which kicks off with the an April 8th 2010 Large Format exhibition of 150 different images with all proceeds going to benefit the Middlesex Cancer Research Center.

Details and guidelines will be posted before Labor Day.

Cheers