PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Tech 70 vs lV Backs different?

rknewcomb
20-Jul-2009, 13:02
Somewhere I heard/read that the revolving back of a Linhof 2x3 Technika 70 was different then that of a 2x3 Tech lV - something about the ring that mounts into the camera is of a different thickness so that the four sliders won't lock in.
Does anybody know if the revolving backs of a Tech 70 would fit in a 2x3 Tech lV or if there is any difference.
The mysteries of Linhof....

Thank you!

Bob Salomon
20-Jul-2009, 13:19
Maybe you are thinking of the Press 70 backs? They had a gear wheel on the back that connected to a gear in the rear of the camera.

Looking at the 1976 Linhof catalog which listed both the Technika 70 and the 23B the Super Rollex backs are listed as fitting both.

rknewcomb
20-Jul-2009, 13:34
I guess the gear you speak of on the Press 70 backs would be for linking a film advance motion with a shutter cocking motion or some such thing?

thank you Bob.

Bob Salomon
20-Jul-2009, 13:36
I guess the gear you speak of on the Press 70 backs would be for linking a film advance motion with a shutter cocking motion or some such thing?

thank you Bob.

Correct.

Peter K
20-Jul-2009, 14:12
Somewhere I heard/read that the revolving back of a Linhof 2x3 Technika 70 was different then that of a 2x3 Tech lV - something about the ring that mounts into the camera is of a different thickness so that the four sliders won't lock in.
Does anybody know if the revolving backs of a Tech 70 would fit in a 2x3 Tech lV or if there is any difference.
The Technika IV 2x3 has no sliders but a locking ring, BTW this is the only difference between a T III and a T IV 2x3. This locking ring was used with any newer model like the Technika 70 up to the Technika V, the last 2x3 Technika.

Any back with the ring for 2x3 Technikas like Rollex, Super-Rollex and Cine-Rollex will fit. Except as Bob has mentioned before, the backs for the Press 70, Aero Press, Aero Electric with the toothed wheel for linking a film advance motion.

Peter

rknewcomb
20-Jul-2009, 16:41
Peter,
Thank you, that is what I needed to know. I have a 2x3 "Color" which is like a Tech lV but on a rail. It has the geared ring and one lever for mounting the Rollex backs. Its missing the focusing hood and mounting hardware on the groundglass back. I hope to find a replacement focus hood (back door). Many of the ones I find on the auction site seem slightly different then mine, but also look very much the same. They mostly show up as a complete back from some late tan colored camera, often ones without the leather inserts. I just didn't want to buy something that wont fit my camera.
thanks again.