PDA

View Full Version : Hello

baniarit
5-Jul-2009, 00:59
:) My name is Bani Arit 59 yrs old from Alabang Philippines. Im new to LF coming from MF and 35s. Im starting with a Toyo View D57M and an 8x10 folmer & schwing military type ground camera C1 or rather 2D. My big problem is that film is not available in our country and likewise when I went to Hong Kong lately I searched for films but just failed. I don't loose hope, But my big question is if I go through importing film will customs and security check like high radiation cause light leaks on the film? Paper here are abundant and the chemicals too except for films. thanks so much for your advices for me.

arkady n.
6-Jul-2009, 12:14
Bani Arit, welcome to the forum!

I think the consensus is that you should not put the the film into the luggage. The x-ray machines that airports use for checked-in luggage is much more powerful than the ones they use for carry-on bags.

eddie
7-Jul-2009, 05:49
welcome.

your best bet it to have it shipped in. try freestyle in califonia (http://www.freestylephoto.biz/index.php)

Vick Vickery
11-Jul-2009, 08:13
Welcome to group therepy.

Jim Michael
11-Jul-2009, 10:28
Perhaps x-ray film is readily available in your country?

baniarit
12-Jul-2009, 09:09
But xray films are different from photographic films, maybe the best is by sea freight, but I think they still use strong xray in checking out cargoes. well too bad at this time, but I have the patience to wait, thank you all for your kind contribution on my dilemma. will see you in the other forums.