PDA

View Full Version : E-6 Lab, Norhtern Va

Jeff Morfit
30-Jun-2009, 09:35
Since Richmond Camera no longer processes E-6 large format film I need to find a lab that does. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and would like to know if there is a lab nearby that can handle LF film.

Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen.

eric black
30-Jun-2009, 10:13
Depends on what you consider close- Stubblefield in Charlottesville and Rieger in Clarksville (near Rockville on I-270), MD are the only two places that I know of (at least as of two years ago) I develop my own now so I cant vouch for either operation still being in business.

Scott Davis
30-Jun-2009, 12:32
There's Chrome lab in Washington DC. (www.chromeimaging.com) They will accept film by mail/delivery and return the same way, if driving in to DC is a problem. They also have evening and Saturday hours. They're not cheap, but they're one of the last men standing in the metro area for this kind of service.

BarryS
30-Jun-2009, 13:05
No more E6 at Rieger and driving in Georgetown is an exercise in masochism. Might as well mail order or process yourself.

Walter Calahan
30-Jun-2009, 14:00
Chrome will FedEx your process film. I have them ship my processed film all the time if I can't get back into town.

Unfortunately Capital Color, who processed on E-6, closed about 3 years ago.

Rhemz
16-Aug-2009, 19:56
The Photography Center in Bethesda, MD also does LF E-6 processing. Bit of a hike for you, though.