PDA

View Full Version : L1200 condensors??

pergorm
9-Jun-2009, 12:03
Hello!!

I have recently purchased a used Durst L1200 enlarger with the BW lamphead. However i am having trouble placing the condensors in the holder.
Can anyone post a picture of the condensors in the right position in the holder please???.
Are they supposed to be close together and on the bottom of the holder, or am i missing something???.
Is there supposed to be some sort of support holding them apart???.
The condensors are the femocon 151/152.

Thank you
mr.sheetfilm

percepts
9-Jun-2009, 16:06
you put the box on the enlarger and attach it with sliding clips (I think). The condensers are then fitted with flat sides outwards so that the convex side of the lens elements are towards each other. The Femocon 150-1 (151) goes at the bottom of the box and the femocon 150-2 (152) goes on top of the 151.
My manual is a poor photocopy so its not clear and my flatbed scanner isn't working so I can't post images.

p.s. correction. I edited out the bit about other studs. I reread instructions and it was refering to locating studs on condenser housing so it should be a very simple task.

pergorm
10-Jun-2009, 12:45
Hello again!

Thank you for your answer, but i have the manual and i have read it. My problem is that there is no support for the condensors and they are close together on the bottom of the holder, leaving some space between the top condensor and the top of the holder. Is that correct???

Thanks
mr.sheetfilm

percepts
10-Jun-2009, 13:14
I beleive that is correct. If there is nothing inside the condenser box to position them on and there are no signs of missing studs for them to rest on, then that must be correct.

The point of the condensors is to collimate the light and the closeness to the negative is more important than the distance from the light source as far as I know. So one sitting on top of the other should be fine I think.