PDA

View Full Version : American Triptychs Exhibition, June 4th, San Pedro

Ann Mitchell
19-May-2009, 17:15
The first showing of my American Triptychs will be held at Gallery 478 this June in San Pedro. The Artist's Reception will be part of San Pedro's 1st Thursday Art Walk, June 4th from 6-9pm, 478 W. 7th Street, San Pedro

American Triptych started in 2005 as a previous project (Val Verde) was ending. I would drive to Montecito on the 126 highway, which connects the 5 fwy with the 101 fwy. This route cuts through the farmlands of Santa Paula and Piru and until the recent urban sprawl you could imagine you were in the California of the 1960’s – all orange trees and sleepy towns. Piru is where the project started, but Cabazon, Indio and the wind farms of the east 10 fwy soon joined it. The imagery is about a uniquely American vernacular, our visual history and language. In each town I’ve tried to create one image, which captures what I feel that town is about – or maybe, what it used to be about.

Gallery 478
478 W. 7th St., San Pedro
310-732-2150
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.

Ann Mitchell
www.ann-mitchell.com

vinny
19-May-2009, 17:30
Ann, it's Vinny from the Topanga Canyon group show last summer. I'll try to make your opening. Looks like fun.

Ann Mitchell
26-May-2009, 00:26
Vinnie: Good to hear from you, hope to see you there, Ann