PDA

View Full Version : User guide for Shen Hao HZX45IIA

Archphoto
18-May-2009, 15:19
Dear members,
Sorry for asking, but has anyone a user-guide for the Shen Hao HZX45IIA in .pdf for me ?
Mine arrived today in Holland, should not give me too many problems after 20+ years LF, but I would like to have it anyway.

Thanks,
Peter

Gem Singer
18-May-2009, 16:20
Hi Peter,

Unless they printed one since I owned my Shen, I don't believe there is an actual user guide for Shen Hao cameras.

However, if you google Shen Hao, you will find several websites that describe the usage of the HZX 45AII camera. Some are illustrated with enough pictures so that you can get a good idea of the camera's features.

Especially, the ability to disengage the front panel and use a combination of base tilt and axis tilt to extend the bellows a few extra millimeters.

Archphoto
18-May-2009, 16:25
Thanks Gem, I gues I have to figure the camera out when I am back in Holland again.
I already have a Sinar P2 with lenses, filmholders, tripod and so on, wanted something lighter (!).

Peter

Gem Singer
18-May-2009, 16:36
Good choice, Peter.

I'm sure you will enjoy using that camera.

Gordon Moat
19-May-2009, 19:26
I did get a printed booklet with my Shen-Hao HZX45A-II. Unfortunately, it is more of a parts guide, than a how to use guide. I felt like a complete idiot that it took me ten minutes to open the camera. Then I felt like an even bigger idiot when it took me over thirty minutes to close it back into a box shape. After a couple tries, it became very easy to do.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)

Archphoto
20-May-2009, 02:44
So I should make one my self in .pdf ....... in July whwn I am back in Holland.

Any-one intersested ?

Peter

Steve Goldstein
20-May-2009, 03:55
There was a fellow selling a very nicely-done guide on *bay a couple of years ago, it ran maybe 26-30 pages and was nicely illustrated. I don't know that he sold many, and I haven't seen them posted for quite a while. If I can find his email info (big if) I will post it.

David Luttmann
20-May-2009, 05:47
I did get a printed booklet with my Shen-Hao HZX45A-II. Unfortunately, it is more of a parts guide, than a how to use guide. I felt like a complete idiot that it took me ten minutes to open the camera. Then I felt like an even bigger idiot when it took me over thirty minutes to close it back into a box shape. After a couple tries, it became very easy to do.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)

I had the same experience. I was starting to justify myself by telling myself it looked better open anyway.

Archphoto
20-May-2009, 10:04
I had the same experience. I was starting to justify myself by telling myself it looked better open anyway.

Those camera's should be open ! I fully agree.

I have my flight scedule for leaving Brazil on the 25th and so on, I will follow up on this one !

Peter

Steve Goldstein
27-May-2009, 08:39
I've heard back from the creator of the nice user guide I mentioned last week. If anyone would like to get a copy, please drop me an email and I'll send you his contact info. Mine was a physical copy; while I assume he could provide it electronically, you'll have to ask him as I forgot to do so. He's located in the US.