PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please list the instant films that work in a Polaroid 545i holder?

Notshirt
16-May-2009, 10:32
Here is the list from the users manual.
Is there anything to add to this?

Type 52
Type 53
Polapan PRO 100 (type 54)
Type 55 P/N
Type 57
Type 59
Polacolor PRO 64T
Polapan 400 (type 72)
Polacolor PRO 100

Thank you

Bill L.
16-May-2009, 10:39
I still have some type 72 for the 545, in addition to a little 53 and 55. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no instant film currently in production that will fit the 545, so you are stuck looking for what is stockpiled.

Cheers!
Bill

Gem Singer
16-May-2009, 12:15
Fujifilm Acros 100 Quickload film will work in the Polaroid 545i film holder.

The Polaroid instant peel-apart sheet films for the 545i have been discontinued. Polaroid is out of the film business.

Gene McCluney
16-May-2009, 12:44
There are no currently manufactured instant films that will work in your holder. The only films that fit and work at all are the Fuji films available in Quickload packs, which are darkroom developing films that can fit and be exposed in your holder. Some of the same films Fuji sells in common 4x5 sheet film sizes are also available as Quickloads.

The ONLY INSTANT PRINT FILMS available, are made by Fuji, are very high quality, and ONLY available as 10 sheet PACK films, which require another type of instant film back, which is available in both Polaroid (used) and Fuji (new) brands.

Notshirt
16-May-2009, 13:18
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies.
I guess you get a lot of newbies on the board (This is my first post and I have only been a member for one day) who need this lesson on what films are in production and what are not.
I appreciate it, but I have done my homework outside of the board.
I honestly just want to know if these (ref. initial post) are ALL the films that fit the 545i holder.

I would like to avoid finding something on ebay or in an old camera store and buying it only to find out it will not fit the back.
I would love to compile a list to have as reference before I start my hunt for film.

Any insight will be very appreciated.

And once again, thank you for even taking the time out to reply.

vwizz
16-May-2009, 17:19
Hi,

you have as well Polaroid 51 (similar to 55)

Best Regards,
V

EuGene Smith
17-May-2009, 12:19
There are no currently manufactured instant films that will work in your holder. The only films that fit and work at all are the Fuji films available in Quickload packs, which are darkroom developing films that can fit and be exposed in your holder. Some of the same films Fuji sells in common 4x5 sheet film sizes are also available as Quickloads.

The ONLY INSTANT PRINT FILMS available, are made by Fuji, are very high quality, and ONLY available as 10 sheet PACK films, which require another type of instant film back, which is available in both Polaroid (used) and Fuji (new) brands.

Gene, if the 545i will work with only the Fuji darkroom developing films, but there is a Poloroid (used) model holder that WILL work with the Fuji INSTANT PRINT FILMS, what is the model of that Poloroid holder? :confused:

Smiff

EuGene Smith
17-May-2009, 12:53
Duh! The answer appears in another post on the same general subject just a few threads down the list!

goodfood
17-May-2009, 21:06
I saw some un-expire Polaroid 4X5 at Japan last month, both color and b/w. Sure the last lot.