PDA

View Full Version : May and June show in St Johns, Oregon

Gary L. Quay
24-Apr-2009, 03:00
Hi folks,
I have a new show of 8x10 contact prints at Proper Eats Cafe at 8638 N Lombard St. in St Johns (Portland). It's called "The Night Shift." All images were shot last winter at night with exposures ranging from 2.5 to 24 minutes. The show goes from May 1 to June 30 2009.

Thanks!
--Gary

matthew blais
24-Apr-2009, 07:07
I may just check it out, but only passing through for a day next month.

Dennis
24-Apr-2009, 07:11
I was just in there last night. It is a good place to hang out awhile with music and good food and prints on the walls.
Dennis

Robert Brummitt
24-Apr-2009, 10:34
Then you could head over and visit "Bluemoon camera and typewriter" Great place to see camera gear.
Hope your show is a smashing hit!

Gary L. Quay
25-Apr-2009, 23:23
Then you could head over and visit "Bluemoon camera and typewriter" Great place to see camera gear.
Hope your show is a smashing hit!

I just plunked down $300.00 at Blue Moon this afternoon. I went in just to look around and kill some time, and left with 4 boxes of 5x7 film, a box of Ilford paper, and 4 5x7 film holders. And, yes, it's a wonderful camera store. Jake, Zeb, and all the gang are knowledgeable and friendly. Go there. Spend money. I'm not a spokesman, just a loyal customer.

This will be my second show at Proper Eats. I was their inaugeral artist three years ago, and they actually wanted me back.

--Gary

neil poulsen
26-Apr-2009, 02:57
Bluemoon is a neat store. I enjoy going in there and looking at the gear.

chachi
28-Apr-2009, 13:14
hey cool, i'm up that way a lot. i'll definitely check it out. blue moon seems to be the nexus for a new photo community up there, which is great. do they stock a lot of sheet film? i usually get mine online and have never asked.

Robert Brummitt
28-Apr-2009, 15:16
hey cool, i'm up that way a lot. i'll definitely check it out. blue moon seems to be the nexus for a new photo community up there, which is great. do they stock a lot of sheet film? i usually get mine online and have never asked.

Ahh... I don't know if they sell large format film. I'm sure they do. They have lots and lots of wonderful cameras and gear. Here is their website address, http://www.bluemooncamera.com
Jake is a cool guy and Zeke is a great Pinhole photographer.

I don't go there as offen I should but that because my wife and kids like to eat and if I went to Blue moon, my family would not eat much. If you know what I mean.
:rolleyes:

chachi
29-Apr-2009, 08:57
oh, but there's a GREAT taqueria across the street...surely they could eat there...?

j/k i know what you mean ;)

Gary L. Quay
2-May-2009, 01:14
Ahh... I don't know if they sell large format film. I'm sure they do. They have lots and lots of wonderful cameras and gear. Here is their website address, http://www.bluemooncamera.com
Jake is a cool guy and Zeke is a great Pinhole photographer.

I don't go there as offen I should but that because my wife and kids like to eat and if I went to Blue moon, my family would not eat much. If you know what I mean.
:rolleyes:

They do sell sheet film. They stock Ilford 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 on a regular basis.

Gary L. Quay
8-May-2009, 23:36
My web site and Flickr portfolio are up.

matthew blais
11-May-2009, 10:02
Gary, I'm going to try and stop by the 18th, likely around 2:00 pm-ish...
Then on to Sauvie Island for the night..

Gary L. Quay
12-May-2009, 07:06
Thanks!

Sauvie Island is a good place for some early morning scenic photography if the sun isn't completely obscured by clouds.