PDA

View Full Version : The Contemporary Photograph Exhibit opens May 2

al olson
18-Apr-2009, 11:03
The Contemporary Photograph Exhibit will open at the Shy Rabbit Contemporary Arts Gallery in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, on May 2nd. The exhibit will run until July 11th. The gallery is open from 10am to 4 pm, Wednesday through Sunday, and other times upon request.

This juried show includes the work of thirty-three photographer/artists that showcases 74 prints. Entries were received from 17 states and Canada.

Although we were hoping to see more large format entries, I have had the opportunity to view the entries and I can say that I am very impressed with the creativity and the quality of the images.

Shy Rabbit Contemporary Arts Gallery is located at:
333 Bastille Dr.
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

and can be contacted via:
www.shyrabbit.com
970.731.2766 (tele)
shyrabbit01@aol.com

Gary Nylander
19-Apr-2009, 08:17
From the Shy Rabbit website, the gallery space looks beautiful, I hope the show attracts lots of visitors.

Andrew O'Neill
19-Apr-2009, 18:02
Thanks Al! Lets hope it's a success!

al olson
30-Apr-2009, 19:16
I have had an opportunity to preview this show and it contains some very interesting and creative photographic art. There are tintypes, Daguerreotypes, cyanotypes, silver prints, digital prints, and manipulated digital prints on every imaginable media. As far as I am able to tell, however, only two artists submitted entries created with larget format cameras.

The show opens Saturday, May 2, and ends on June 6. (I was in error when I stated in the previous post that it ends July 11.) For anyone in the Four Corners area it is worth a side trip to Pagosa Springs to see this show.

Also, may I remind you that if you happen to be in the Durango area, the Open Shutter gallery will be exhibiting Elliott Erwitt's work from May 8 through July 11.