PDA

View Full Version : Gossen Digisix

jeroldharter
16-Apr-2009, 14:24
I just picked up one of these diminutive gadgets. What a great meter. I have a Sekonic spotmeter and a Gossen Luna Pro SBC both of which are excellent meters. But they are rather large and heavy so I have been thinking of ways to pare down the weight. I know that is somewhat ridiculous to save weight in large format but I try anyway. This meter is great. It is so small that I was surprised, almost feeling cheated at first. It is about the length and thickness of two of my fingers (though a bit rounder). It is very light such that I will probably keep it around my neck without fear of whiplash or strangulation. I use it for BTZS incident metering which I have come to prefer over spot metering most of the time. It also has a built in clock, alarm, thermometer, and timer although I don't know how often I will use those. It only costs ~$125 at Calumet. I wanted to sing its praises in case anyone else is looking for a simple, inexpensive, light, small incident meter.

Jim Cole
18-Apr-2009, 16:36
I agree it's a great meter. I love it as an addition to my Pentax Digital Spot Meter. It is a great incident meter and the timer works great for long exposures. Super light and small and so far, no strangulations.

ki6mf
19-Apr-2009, 06:36
And if you use Flash the Digiflash also records flash exposure! Its about $50 more!

Tony Lakin
19-Apr-2009, 12:12
Another thumbs up for this meter, I use a Zone VI modified Pentax spotmeter V for zone system use, I also use a Gossen Starlight a lot due to its versitility but when travelling light the tiny Digisix goes with me, If I crosscheck the three meters the Digisix is within one third of a stop, excellent indeed:) :) :)

Matus Kalisky
21-Apr-2009, 11:04
I have it too ( one of the few things I actually bought new). I like it very much too. But should have bought the Digiflash instead as only few month later I bough a studio flash, oh well ...

Jamie123
21-Apr-2009, 13:06
I have it too ( one of the few things I actually bought new). I like it very much too. But should have bought the Digiflash instead as only few month later I bough a studio flash, oh well ...

I had a Gossen Digiflash until a month ago when I sold it in order to buy a Sekonic L-308s. Flash metering in a Stuio with the Digiflash is really not convenient at all. It doesn't have a PC-sync port so you have to get the meter ready for metering and then manually trigger the flash.

The Gossen Digis are great little meters and really portable. If I had to do it again I would get the Digisix and save the $50 price difference between it and the Digiflash and spend it on a proper flash meter.