PDA

View Full Version : Digital Processing Books

DJGainer
5-Apr-2009, 18:58
Does anyone have suggestions for books on digital processing? I'm most interested in digital printing (as I have yet to do that) but those that suggest methods for scanning and editing would be appreciated as well.

Ron Marshall
5-Apr-2009, 19:08
The best Photoshop book, by far, for photographers that I have found is Photoshop Artistry, by Haynes, Duggan and Crumpler.

I have owned or read all of the top titles, this is the best in terms of explaining clearly what you need to do with digital files to get what you want out of them.

Some of the other books are quite good, but this is the best.

Lenny Eiger
5-Apr-2009, 20:53
Does anyone have suggestions for books on digital processing? I'm most interested in digital printing (as I have yet to do that) but those that suggest methods for scanning and editing would be appreciated as well.

I like Amadou Diallo's book...

Lenny

Bruce Watson
6-Apr-2009, 05:21
I like Amadou Diallo's book...

Lenny

Yes, Diallo's book Mastering Digital Black and White is excellent. I also like George DeWolfe's Digital Photography Fine Print Workshop. Both of these books give you the "how" but also some of the "why" and for me that is just as important.

DJGainer
6-Apr-2009, 06:45
Ron, do any of the lessons from Photoshop Artistry apply outside of Photoshop? I only have Lightroom right now.

Eric Brody
6-Apr-2009, 07:52
Martin Evening's book on Lightroom is never far from my desk. I refer to it quite regularly. It covers just a bout anything you'd want to know about using Lightroom in a readable, useful manner. The Real World Photoshop series (I use Photoshop CS3) by Blatner and Fraser, who unfortunately passed away not long ago, is unmatched for Photoshop if and when you go that way.

Eric

sanking
6-Apr-2009, 09:33
The Creative Digital Darkroom by Katrin Eismann and Sean Duggan is excellent.

Sandy King