PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2009 - with Shelby Lee Adams, Sandy King, Kerik Kouklis and More!

billschwab
31-Mar-2009, 12:43
I'd like to formally announce this year's gathering up near my place in Northern Michigan. This is the 4th year and we are honored to have Shelby Lee Adams, Kerik Kouklis, Sandy King, Joe Smigiel, David Eisenlord and much more. It is a great time to meet, hang out, share prints, stories and even learn a few things. Workshops are as follows and fees include your general registration fee. Even without taking a workshop, there will be plenty to do. Presentations, demonstrations, discussions and shooting in some of the most beautiful places in Northern Michigan.

Also, as an added thank you for early registration you will receive a small, signed silver gelatin print of mine if you register by April 15th.

Hoping you can Join us!

Photostock 2009
June 19-28
Emmet County, Michigan

www.photostock2009.com

Friday - Sunday, June 19-21
Beginning Wet Plate Collodion
with Bill Schwab and Joe Smigiel

Monday - Wednesday, June 22-24
Gum Over Platinum
and
Digital Negative Creation
with Kerik Kouklis and David Eisenlord

Thursday - Friday, June 25-26
Carbon Transfer Process
with Sandy King

And finally:

Saturday, June 27th
Shelby Lee Adams slide presentation, booksigning and portfolio review. (included in general registration)

More information at the Photostock 2009 (http://www.photostock2009.com) website.

Thanks! I hope to see you there!

Bill Schwab

billschwab
3-Apr-2009, 07:21
A quick note to say that the workshops are filling up fast. If at all interested, it is a good time to register.

Thanks!

Bill

billschwab
15-Apr-2009, 13:40
Hello Again Everyone,

I'm happy to report that all workshops for this year's Photostock are now full. We will still be taking reservations for alternates however. Alternate spaces will be on a first come basis in the order they were signed-up. If you are intersted in becoming an alternate, please sign-up HERE (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/register_form.html). Be sure to choose the workshop you wish to be considered for.

There is still plenty of room at the main event for everyone! Many so far are familiar faces from years past, but I'm happy to welcome many new folks as well. Some from as far away as Norway!

Basic Registration (http://www.photostock2009.com/register.html) for the Photostock event is still open.

Thanks again to everyone!

Bill Schwab
www.photostock2009.com

jdc
8-May-2009, 23:37
Any openings for Wet plate WS?

billschwab
11-May-2009, 10:50
Any openings for Wet plate WS?Sorry JDC. The wet plate shop is at the limit, but you can still sign up as an alternate here (http://www.photostock2009.com/workshops/). The rest of the event (http://www.photostock2009.com) is open and there will be a few demonstrations of the process during the week.

I appreciate the interest.

Best, Bill

Monty McCutchen
11-May-2009, 19:58
Bill,

if we are not sure of our plans and our life dictates last second choices can we crash the party? What is the procedure if we want to show up on the fly. Contact you directly, show up, ride into town on a three legged goat? My life doesn't lend to planning but it would be great to make it if I could.

thanks,

Monty

billschwab
13-May-2009, 08:05
The party is totally crashable Monty. It would be great to have you there. You and anyone else are welcome at any time. Let me know if you can so I, or someone else can get you from the airport if needed. If not, just head to the Birchwood Inn, or my house.

Hope to see you!

Bill

Kerik Kouklis
13-May-2009, 10:16
Monty, there will be some good hooch waiting for you if you can make it!!

Kerik

bob carnie
13-May-2009, 10:21
If Monty shows up I am leaving.

Monty McCutchen
13-May-2009, 15:43
Wow! Life is funny. Here I am thinking about going to a wonderful photo excursion, if I can possibly make it, trying to figure out how to fit time, family obligations, and quite frankly money in these difficult times into the equation, and lo and behold the gods have provided an answer. PM after PM is flooding my account offering me financial renumeration if I will only make it up to Photostock and keep Carnie from attending. A little cottage industry if you will. It's amazing how if enough people offer even a little how much that can add up to. I'm flush.

Soooooooo.....if you have an event that you want Carnie to NOT attend please contact me privately and we will see if I can make it and thus ensure your happy event.

Monty

Kerik Kouklis
13-May-2009, 16:41
Point for McCutchen!

Bob?

Mike Castles
13-May-2009, 17:21
Hmmmm, how does one explain to the family CFO that I need to send $$ to Monty...think I better leave this one alone. Already enough explaing to do as it is these days..

Bill, Kerik, Bob, Monty...Have a Great Time!! Wish I could make it.

bob carnie
14-May-2009, 06:05
What he meant to say in his first post, was that he would be actually walking into town wearing rubber boots , BEHIND the three legged goat.
I was only trying to spare some of the attendees of his scandalous attributes and behaviours.
I intend to bring my wife and two little dogs to this event and they should be spared seeing Mr McCutchen this way.

Richard K.
14-May-2009, 08:10
Kerik (or anyone else), I'm hoping to make this as it sounds, um, interesting... goats or no goats (except for the old goat I'd be bringing :rolleyes: ). I'm thinking of possibly bringing my recently acquired 14x17 Chamonix but I have no empty film boxes to receive spent fuel. If I can make it, can Kerik (or anyone else) bring me a 3-nest empty 14x17 box? Also, Kerik PM me re some film you may have for sale; I could bring $ with me.

I think Carnie should bring a few cans of Tim Hortons coffee as well as his goats. :D

Bill_1856
14-May-2009, 08:56
They were out of the single rooms, so I ended up with a queen size bed. I can offer overnight accomodation for your GOAT so long as it is a NANNY. (If it's a BILLYGOAT you're on your own, as I am not THAT kind of a pervert!)

MIke Sherck
14-May-2009, 13:43
My wife expressed curiosity as to what I find so attractive about sleeping in the woods in the middle of nowhere for a week, with only a gaggle of cameras to keep me warm. I invited her to come with me this year, but she declined. Something about a wisdom tooth and no Novacain.

I think maybe she knows something I don't.

Charles Hohenstein
14-May-2009, 17:17
My wife expressed curiosity as to what I find so attractive about sleeping in the woods in the middle of nowhere for a week, with only a gaggle of cameras to keep me warm. I invited her to come with me this year, but she declined. Something about a wisdom tooth and no Novacain.

I think maybe she knows something I don't.

I'm relying on you to tell me all about it, when you get back.

billschwab
21-May-2009, 20:58
Goats are optional, but I will not be providing them or any other livestock for entertainment. You'll have to bring your own. And for Bill's benefit, I do think the hotel allows... um, "pets". Mike, tell your wife there won't be any novacain, but we can certainly rustle up a fair amount of ether for her pain.

Monty and Bob... Kiss and make up. You know you want to.

MIke Sherck
22-May-2009, 06:28
Speaking of ether, given the rise in popularity of wet plate work it's a good thing I quit smoking a couple of years ago. It was hard enough staying upwind of one of you guys!

Mike

billschwab
15-Jun-2009, 16:16
It's only days away folks! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Best, Bill

sanking
15-Jun-2009, 17:27
Goats are optional, but I will not be providing them or any other livestock for entertainment. You'll have to bring your own. And for Bill's benefit, I do think the hotel allows... um, "pets". Mike, tell your wife there won't be any novacain, but we can certainly rustle up a fair amount of ether for her pain.

Monty and Bob... Kiss and make up. You know you want to.

Do you mean goats as pets or goats for barbecue?

Sandy King

bob carnie
16-Jun-2009, 06:45
I am bringing my border terriers with me and under no circumstance are you to mistake them for goat. They are my loving children who never mouth off and give me great comfort and my wife will shoot anyone trying to put them on the BBQ.

sanking
16-Jun-2009, 07:30
I am bringing my border terriers with me and under no circumstance are you to mistake them for goat. They are my loving children who never mouth off and give me great comfort and my wife will shoot anyone trying to put them on the BBQ.

In Guangxi province in southern China they enjoy those little fellas mainly in stews. I never saw one on the grill.

Sandy

Bill_1856
16-Jun-2009, 08:08
I've had to cancel my attendance this year, so my slot in the Digital Workshop is open.
Sorry I'll miss meeting everyone. Hope it's a rewarding experience for all.

billschwab
16-Jun-2009, 16:51
Hello All,

Just a notice that we've had an emergency cancellation in Kerik and Ike's Gumover workshop, so there is a space available. Anyone coming that wants to add a new process to their bag of tricks, this would be a great one. See more HERE (http://www.photostock2009.com/workshops/gum_over.html).

Also... as Bill mentioned, there is a late opening in Kerik's Digital Negative workshop. More information on that HERE (http://www.photostock2009.com/workshops/digi_neg.html).

These 2 workshops can also be taken together (http://www.photostock2009.com/workshops/digi_gum.html) as a package for an adjusted fee.

I realize this is VERY late notice, but hopefully there is someone already coming that has an interest.

Thanks!

Bill

billschwab
16-Jun-2009, 18:50
In Guangxi province in southern China they enjoy those little fellas mainly in stews.Yikes! Don't tell that to Barney and Lucy!

billschwab
1-Jul-2009, 09:38
Thanks to all who participated for making this the best year yet!!!! Way to go!

yuhang919
6-Jul-2009, 14:32
Very professional answer:)