PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Exhibition in New England

Steve Sherman
21-Mar-2009, 10:47
Greetings Large Format Enthusiasts,

One last reminder, next weekend, the New England Large Format Photography Collective will sponsor an entire weekend of Large Format activities.

On Sunday March 29th from 12 – 5 PM a members exhibition of over 70 large format photographs, both black and white and color will be exhibited at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield Massachusetts. (Directions here: http://visittowersquare.com/directions

Refreshments served

The exhibition will be sandwiched around two noted Large Format photographers, Ken Hanson from Connecticut will give an hour talk on his personal odyssey of creating his first monograph. Nearly two hundred pages and over 103 suburb quality black and white reproductions from nearly a dozen trips to Nepal and the Himalayan region.

Paul Turnbull, Curator and Director of Exhibitions at the Hallmark Museum of Contemporary Photography will conclude the afternoon with a talk on preparing and presenting work for Museum consideration.

Further activities are planned for Friday and Saturday, for more specifics please email steve@steve-sheramn.com or PM me here.

Monty McCutchen
22-Mar-2009, 05:35
Wish I could be there Steve.

Monty

Steve Sherman
25-Mar-2009, 03:59
Just a bump as the weekend approaches

Skorzen
25-Mar-2009, 11:00
Why are these things always scheduled when I am at school? I'm from Springfield but... oh well good luck with the event!

gevalia
27-Mar-2009, 12:49
I'm an LF newbie AND in CT. Often lost, often overwhelmed. But this weekend I am out of state and cannot make it. Darned. Finely hear about locals and I miss out.

gene LaFord
1-Apr-2009, 17:56
It was a great weekend indeed. Thanks to Steve for putting it together and to all who participated.
Did someone say they are from Springfield... a LF photoger that I don't know about???? ;)

gene

Steve Sherman
1-Apr-2009, 20:37
Some pix from a truly inspirational weekend, thanks to all who attended.

Bob Carnie directs darkroom demo Sat. March 28th

Bob Carnie DR class pix

Paul Paletti leads a lively discussion on a Wynn Bullock photo Friday March 27th

Paul Turnbull, Curator and Director of Exhibitions at Hallmark Museum of Contemporary Photography presents program on Museum submission guidelines and criteria at the Valley Photo Center Springfield, MA

Alex Wei
2-Apr-2009, 10:17
Its indeed a weekend very well spend. Thanks Steve for hosting this wonderful event. I learned a lot from Bob Carnie and also he showed me how to become a better printer by following rules and good working habits, of course a big darkroom like Steve's helps. I ordered some lith printing stuff, can't wait to get it started.

Also I got to know a lot of new friends and of course re-acquainted with some old friends too.

The print sharing was inspiring with the help of Paul's fine bourbon mix and some single malt whiskey. The food was great, the chat was great, I'm so happy to spend such a wonderful weekend with a collective group of photographers.