PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denton, Texas

vphill
12-Mar-2009, 20:31
Just wanted to say hello to the forum, I've been reading posts quite a bit for the past few months while waiting for my Chaminox 4x5 to show up. I have a box of 100 sheets of film and a trip planned out west next week to break everything in.

Loaded my first film holders tonight...

I'm so excited!!!!

Gem Singer
12-Mar-2009, 21:04
Welcome aboard!

I'm your neighbor in Frisco.

There are quite a few large format photographers in this part of the world.

vphill
12-Mar-2009, 21:33
Yes I have seen that the north part of Texas is well represented here.

Rick Floyd
13-Mar-2009, 09:34
Hey Vphill:

A loud welcome! I'm also your neighbor, in Garland. I'm headed up to the Davis Mountains in the morning to shoot Turner Falls on 4x5. It's about 40 miles north of the TX/OK state line. You are welcome to join me and possibly a few other folks from this forum. I can still remember the first time I looked at my first 4x5 transparency on a light box in 1977. It's a thrill that has kept me in film for a long time.

RF

bspeed
13-Mar-2009, 09:51
Howdy. Where, out West are you heading ?

vphill
13-Mar-2009, 13:33
Las Vegas, Nevada
Boulder, Colorado
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Kind of a long vacation/visit the girlfriend at grad school/work presentation sort of trip.

Jeremy Moore
13-Mar-2009, 13:39
Don't let him fool you, he's done some large format shooting before:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/3244053663_f6a1bebe70.jpg

(he's the one on the left)

bspeed
13-Mar-2009, 14:34
fun trip locations :)
I am signed up for a class trip to Southeast New Mexico in June.

Gem Singer
13-Mar-2009, 14:55
vphill,

When I saw that you were from Denton, I had the feeling that Jeremy was in the picture, somewhere.

Hello Jeremy. How's married life treating you?

Jeremy Moore
13-Mar-2009, 16:19
Eugene, Mark (vphill) is actually my boss at UNT. I have lured him to the dark slide ;)

I'm loving married life, but she's the one that got stuck with the stinker!

Gem Singer
13-Mar-2009, 16:41
Jeremy,

Say hi to her for me.

Our Sat. morning photo club is planning a shoot near Muenster when the weather improves. We will be photographing the huge wind farm up there, and we want to include a few spring blossoms. Probably early next month.

I will meet up with the guys in Denton, at the Crackerbarrel restaurant, the junction of I 35 and highway 380.

If your schedule allows you to get away on Sat. morning, let me know. We always have room for more photogs.

Jeremy Moore
13-Mar-2009, 17:35
Eugene, keep me in the loop because even if I can't sneak away to go shoot (I have some large projects coming due soon for school) I'd still meet up with you guys for breakfast--I'll drag Mark along, too as long as he's not traveling.

Gem Singer
13-Mar-2009, 17:53
Jeremy,

I'll gladly keep you informed.

Send me your Email address.

Mine is: gemsinger at att dot net