PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Georgia

AJ Edmondson
2-Mar-2009, 15:28
I sort of stumbled onto this site a couple of months ago and find it much friendlier than the other two large format sites I had been visiting. As a retired military/instrument-maker (surgical) and avid large-format photographer I had initially thought I would have plenty of time to pursue my landscape photography... alas, local government interceded and we were forced to relocate from north Ga (they condemned our farm and forced us to sell because they needed the land to build a new school). I think I have most of the "forced relocation blues" behind me now and have cobbled a darkroom together. I formerly shot 8x10 almost exclusively - now I think it will be 4x5 and I'll probably eliminate 8x10. I have been very impressed with the character and content of the site and look forward to the exchange of communication with you all!

Gary Beasley
2-Mar-2009, 15:36
You aren't far from Macon, they have an active photo club my brother is active in. Fellow LFer Keith English lives in the area too, maybe you'll make his aquaintance one day.

AJ Edmondson
2-Mar-2009, 15:47
Thanks Gary... we relocated here from Acworth and I can remember when Roswell was really "out in the country." Now that we have the horses all settled in maybe I'll have time to drive the 50 miles to Macon.

Jim Michael
2-Mar-2009, 16:27
Greetings from Atlanta.

Jrewt
2-Mar-2009, 16:32
Howdy from Athens.

darr
2-Mar-2009, 17:32
Welcome to the forum! I lived in Marietta and Woodstock when there were still horses grazing! I live in Tally now and nearby we do have horses. Thank goodness. :)

keith english
4-Mar-2009, 11:31
Howdy from Keith in Macon. I'm currently shooting my MFA thesis project on the State Parks in B+W 4x5. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

AJ Edmondson
4-Mar-2009, 15:09
That would be great Keith. I am retired so my time is my own and the state parks have always been great places for me. I can be reached at 706 646-8008.