PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Hong Kong!

wentbackward
20-Feb-2009, 00:45
Hi there, Having picked up a camera again approximately a year ago after about 20 years off. In that time I went from DSLR to medium format and then to LF a few weeks ago with a Toyo field camera. I've not had much time to play as I hurt my back, but certainly had a lot of time to read! I hope to get going soon and currently trying to work out the most suitable way to print my images.

Happy to be here on the LF Forum and would also like to connect with other people in HK with similar interests.

- Paul

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3476/3276002079_cf66ef7ca8.jpg
COW in 6x9! (Well I can't carry the camera anywhere right now so what'd you expect!)

John Kasaian
20-Feb-2009, 08:25
Welcome aboard, Paul. That's a nice stuffed cow! When your back gets better will you be taking your camera out to the islands around Hong Kong?

wentbackward
20-Feb-2009, 21:35
John, Oh yes indeed, HK is something like 80% rural, sub-tropical forest. I have many plans to explore the local area and islands and see what I can make of it. I have an inflatable kayak which is fairly robust and seaworthy. I used to use it for snorkeling, I think it has found a new dual purpose! Excercise and LF photography.