PDA

View Full Version : Hello and question(s)

ovimo
15-Feb-2009, 22:45
Hello all.

Although I am toying with photography for over 25 years, I have never used a large format yet. Greenhorn as I am, I apologize in advance for my newbie questions.

I recently bought a ANBA 4x5, used but in good condition. I would like to try it, but have no real clue where can I process the films. I live in the Houston, TX area.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Gem Singer
16-Feb-2009, 07:46
Scroll up about twenty entries and you'll find the answer to your inquiry.

A group of large format photographers from this forum will be holding their first workshop in Houston this weekend.

I'm sure they would be happy to help you.

ic-racer
16-Feb-2009, 07:59
I would like to try it, but have no real clue where can I process the films.

Bathroom, Kitchen, Basement or Closet. :D

venchka
16-Feb-2009, 08:25
Hello!

Here is the thread that Eugene spoke of. start at the end and read backwards for the latest news. We will be meeting on Saturday, Feb. 21 at the Kleb Woods Nature Center in NW harris County. Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number if you have any questions.

We hope to see you Saturday.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=45329&page=10

Good luck!

ovimo
16-Feb-2009, 09:09
Thank you for the replies.

Wayne, as a matter of fact I heard about the meeting and would have loved to be there, but I have a prior commitment I cannot get out of. I will PM you though as soon as I get home tonite for more info.

I used to have a bathroom darkroom in the days of the TriX (way ago and way on a different longitude :rolleyes: ), but gave all that up with the digital "progress".

Much appreciated guys.

venchka
16-Feb-2009, 09:20
If you need a real photo lab to process B&W or color, AZ Labs in Houston is available. GOOGLE can locate them. They are in the vicinity of Durham & Washington, around the corner from Houston Camera Co-op which stocks sheet film in both B&W and color. Both kinds of color from Kodak & Fuji.

If possible, send me that PM before 5pm. I don't have internet access after I leave work.

ovimo
16-Feb-2009, 14:21
If you need a real photo lab to process B&W or color, AZ Labs in Houston is available. GOOGLE can locate them. They are in the vicinity of Durham & Washington, around the corner from Houston Camera Co-op which stocks sheet film in both B&W and color. Both kinds of color from Kodak & Fuji.

If possible, send me that PM before 5pm. I don't have internet access after I leave work.

thank you Wayne. iI really do not wanna bother you too much. I wanted to know a lab in Houston so you really answered my question. The rest of the questions can really wait. Thank you very much.

venchka
16-Feb-2009, 14:26
That's cool. Anytime. Ask away. I'm always glad to help.

I peeked at your web galleries. I will be asking you questions!

On processing: Several people at this forum have said good things about Yellowstone Photo in Missoula, Montana if you wish to go the mail order route. Frankly, AZ Labs hours and location are not at all convenient for me. I would like to give them my business, but the time and driving make it almost impossible. I am seriously thinking of sending some film to the folks in Montana.

http://www.yellowstonephoto.com/

Cheers!