PDA

View Full Version : Hello from East Texas

iozone
24-Jan-2009, 08:15
Hi All,

I have decided to set up the dark room and try my hand at Large Format again after a long break. I've recently made arrangements to acquire a 5x7 norma and also have a B&j 8x10, looking forward to making some contact prints.

Couldn't help but to notice that there are other members "Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas rainforest" and look forward to meeting some time.

Ed Rucker

Walter Calahan
24-Jan-2009, 08:23
Greetings from someone who has not had the pleasure of visiting the East Texas rainforest.

Have fun.

bspeed
24-Jan-2009, 09:02
Howdy, Ed.
Which town are you in ?

you guys should visit there in the middle of the summer..

iozone
24-Jan-2009, 09:14
Howdy,

I'm in Longview. I could travel a ways (I have relatives in Houston) or we could meet at my place. Who do you mean by "you guys"?

Ed

bspeed
24-Jan-2009, 10:37
oops I mean Y'all.

"Venchka" on here is not far from you. I am North of Dallas, 20 minutes south of the Red River. He will be along soon. ;)

I need to get out that way soon. Are there still train yards in....Marshall ?

iozone
24-Jan-2009, 11:04
Not sure about train yards in Marshall. There is a train yard in Longview. Let me know if you are ever in the area.

dazedgonebye
24-Jan-2009, 12:08
I was (almost) born in Marshall. Lived there for my first few years and then grew up in Shreveport.
Rainforest is very nearly correct.

I'm enjoying the "dry heat" of Arizona these days.

bspeed
24-Jan-2009, 13:07
What are your favorite subjects to photograph?

iozone
24-Jan-2009, 14:52
Architecture has been my favorite in the past. A good landscape photograph has always been a desire but somehow usually escapes me. Currently I plan on doing macros of abstracts in nature. I'm sure architecture will also take up some of my time.

venchka
27-Jan-2009, 08:24
Howdy Neighbor!

There are more of us than I thought. When I moved to Texas after Katrina, I thought the entire state used digital hardware. Now I find that there are several of us fighting the good fight!

Wayne

iozone
28-Jan-2009, 09:29
Howdy Wayne,

There are at least a few more of us in East Texas. Check these websites.

http://www.easttexasphotographer.com/homepage.html

http://tccphoto.com/

Also met a couple of others at a "Rod Dresser, Kim Weston" work shop about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if they are still active.

Analog will never die!!

bspeed
28-Jan-2009, 12:06
hehe, this one is good.

http://www.easttexasphotographer.com/landscapegallery/landscape42.html

http://www.easttexasphotographer.com/experimental/experiment17.html

Darren H
28-Jan-2009, 18:44
I am in Cowtown. Aint exactly east Texas but glad you are here.

iozone
28-Jan-2009, 19:15
Howdy Darren,

Just for the record, I want everyone who isn't from here to know that we don't really say Howdy.

I lived in NW Arlington from 78 to 88. Ft. Worth is one of my favorite big small towns ever. I have many pictures of the Bass Towers, First Methodist, etc etc...

Glad to hear from you,

bspeed
28-Jan-2009, 19:40
I say Howdy to Men, and I say a lilty "Well Hey there" to the Women. Like in that cell phone commercial. ;)

iozone
28-Jan-2009, 20:40
Rofl

Ron McElroy
6-Feb-2009, 19:51
Howdy,

I'm in Longview. I could travel a ways (I have relatives in Houston) or we could meet at my place. Who do you mean by "you guys"?

Ed

Welcome to the forum. While I'm not in Texas, I've been on several ride to eats at Pat's BBQ near Tyler.

aphexafx
8-Feb-2009, 03:11
Welcome! My friend from Texas..says, "Howdy"...

...and we laugh.

But she laughs at everyone in CO because we say, "What's up..." in our own particular style... (it is not a question)

iozone
8-Feb-2009, 15:01
Welcome! My friend from Texas..says, "Howdy"...

...and we laugh.

But she laughs at everyone in CO because we say, "What's up..." in our own particular style... (it is not a question)

Yep,

The day after I wrote the "we don't really say howdy" thing, the UPS guy was delivering my new Norma. He jumped out of the truck and said "Howdy". Without thinking or blinking I said "Howdy" back. Later that day I was at a clients office, he looked at me and said "Howdy" and you know what I replied.

It's amazing what one can do without thinking about it or even realizing it.

So,

Howdy!!

venchka
9-Feb-2009, 08:50
Ed has a Norma??????????????????????

Drool................