PDA

View Full Version : Any info. or help on epson 7600 please.

jim 76
22-Jan-2009, 15:14
My epson 7600 printer I think is in need of major fixing. I wanted to flush out the printer for new inks. I've done this before. The printer is about 6 years old. It started to print with a few colors messing. Before this no amount of Nozzel checking or head cleaning would help. So, wanted to put fresh ink in anyway. Filled re-fillabull carts with cleaning solution. Found out that only about 3 of the ink tube lines flushed out perfectly with special cleaning program with the printers sub menu. The other 4 lines of ink will not move. Took apart the 4 ink line tubes on the dampner and let them hang over a cloth and blew into them from the cart fill holes. Ink and solution started to come out. I injected solution in to the tubes that go into the printer head, hoping maybe brake apart a ink clog. Put everything back together, but solution still not moving towards print head. I have the Epson field repair guide telling how to take out the printer head. But after replacing with new one or cleaned old one, you have to use a program or tune up guide called (adj-wiz.exe). Do any of you know of this? Where is it? Will the head really be out of line if I don't use that .exe? I hope someone who did this already or knows about this can help. Thanks, Jim

Tyler Boley
22-Jan-2009, 18:36
join and ask here-
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EpsonWideFormat/
there are a lot of people there experienced with disassembling Epsons, I see threads like this often.
Tyler

jim 76
22-Jan-2009, 20:37
join and ask here-
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EpsonWideFormat/
there are a lot of people there experienced with disassembling Epsons, I see threads like this often.
Tyler

Thanks Tyler.
Yes, I've been a member of that group for several years. I did post the question to that group the same time I posted here. Hoping to get an answer soon. I also e-mailed Epson, and to my surprise they wrote back with in hours. Then again a no surprise is that they said the adj-wiz.exe was not for download and only for field repair people. They did give me an address of the nearist shop. I may call the shop Friday and humbly ask about advise and maybe buy the program. I doubt it though. All though seeing as my printer is 6 years old and they probably would agree that the cost of them coming to my home (which is about 40 miles from them) and the hourly charge, would cost more then my printer is worth now. Also I am not a pro. photographer or printer of art print.

Tyler Boley
23-Jan-2009, 10:58
Jim, I didn't see your post over there, at any rate I think there are those who could give you more info based on direct experience than I. I recall seeing info there about not needing the .exe if you do the replacement properly. But more importantly, I'm not so sure you need to go as far as replacing the heads. It's very possible the pump and capping station are not doing the job any more and require replacement. I did it on my 9600 myself, it's not that hard.
If you don't have a good seal between the capping station and the head during init fills and cleaning cycles the pump system will never draw ink into the lines, dampers, and heads as necessary, or adequately clean heads. Similarly, if the pump is tired or gunked up, or anything in the path between the capping station and the maintainence tank is gunked up restrict flow the same applies.
On the x600s, everything depends on a leak free seal at the capping station and head, and the ability of the pump system to literally suck ink all the way though the printer. There is no pressure applied at the carts, it's all suction. For fills, cleaning, etc..
So, first of all I'm not sure you need heads, and secondly you need advice about that replacement process if necessary from someone who has done it to avoid unnecessary time and costs.
Hope the above makes sense.
Tyler