PDA

View Full Version : Rittreck view

xabilin
20-Jan-2009, 20:15
Hi.
I´m new here, so hello everyone, I sometimes came to check some info I googled, but now, I want to be part of this.

I´m waiting some time to buy my 4x5 camera, and, now, I won a Rittreckview on the ebay. I just want to ask some things about it.
The camera comes without lensboard, and the owner told me is something like 110x110, so , can I build one?
I´m almost new in the LF world, ( almost having my camera), so, need to get more info and that..) .
but i need to know the possibilities of doing myself the lensboard or just knowing some other that fit on this camera, ( I saw some other companies have lensboard that measure the same..) does anyone knows that?

Thats all for the first time.
Sorry for my english, and thank you to let me be part of the forum.
Javier.

John Schneider
20-Jan-2009, 21:44
Use the search function -- there are many posts on the Rittreck.

Check out www.skgrimes.com for lensboards and lensboard adapters.

Harlan Chapman
20-Jan-2009, 23:34
Hello Xabilin,
I think you will enjoy using your Rittreck, it is a fine camera. I have been happily using one for the last couple of months to shoot 5x7. You might consider building or trying to find an adapter that will enable fitting a commonly used and available lens board (such as Technica) to the Rittreck mount. It might be an easier way to go than trying to find a bunch of original Rittreck boards or having to build all of them. Attached is a fuzzy but functional image of the Technica adapter that came with my camera. It should give you an idea of how this works. Let me know if you'd like more info.
-Harlan

xabilin
2-Feb-2009, 06:23
Hey, and can you help me on finding some 120 or 220 film back? I have a mamiya, if I do it for it to work on this camera! ..
Or what kind of rollfilm back have I to look for?
thanks

Chauncey Walden
2-Feb-2009, 10:16
There is a sliding 6x9 rollfilm adapter back that allows the use of standard type rollfilm holders. Sliding means that slid one way, there is a ground glass for composure and focusing and, slid the other way, the holder is in the same position. There is a seller in Japan that often lists these on eBay. As for the lens boards, they can easily be made from sheet aluminum of about 1/16 inch (~.060) available from hobby shops in 6 inch widths.

xabilin
4-Feb-2009, 03:21
Thanks!!!
I received the camera today, and I have no lens, so I´m going to tale measurements during I try to get some lens to do the lensboard..

I also had probmems, as soon as I received the camera, my impatience make me unfold the camera without seeing very well the process, so now, I dont know very well How to fold again.
If anyone have the instructions or something.. because I try but I think the bellows suffer from it..
so..
please, help!
thank you !!!

Harlan Chapman
4-Feb-2009, 13:58
To close the camera rack the focusing adjustments all the way together. If there is
a lens board or adapter on the front lens board holder remove it. Pinch the black buttons beneath the lens board holder together and push it the it all the way to the back of the camera. Tilt the front standard forward and slide the lens board holder on its rails towards the back of the camera (equivalent to front fall adjustment). The lens board holder has to slide all the way back to hit stops at the back of the camera. With this done and the front standard slid all the way back too the camera is ready to close. The front standard should lie flat, tilted all the way forward, and be far enough towards the back of the camera that the camera can close completely, neatly folding the bellows properly.

Chauncey Walden
4-Feb-2009, 22:36
And, here is how the original manual says what Harlan said - warning- it is in 1960's Japlish, that strange Japanese-English language used in camera manuals of the time:
1) Take (24) to the original place. (the place before drawing-out)
2) Set "Fix" on (18)
3) Restore the back draw-out to the original spot
4) Fix (10)
5) Release the lens-board
6) Loosen (16), (20) and (5)
7) Restore (15) to the original place
8) Restore the (3) and the shift to the original place.
9) Pinch (19) and (21) by your finger from both side, and then push it to the (3) on the (24). As it attached, please push it more recess. It is possible to release (22) from the right-angle notch.
10) Lay whole U-arm on the (24)
11) When it laid, pinch (13) and shove the front frame against the (3). Attention - Be sure that the bottom of the front frame should be inserted to the hit pin. If the bottom of the front frame is not inserted to the recess completely, the bellow is injured leather creased.
12) Pull the brace supports toward the rear ((3)'s focusing glass) to release them from the notches.
13) Close the body. The body and camera bed will be locked automatically.

Here are the parts referenced: (3) Body; (5) Back-tilt Knob; (10) Back lock-lever/draw-out; (15) Brace [U-frame]; (16) Rising lock knob; (18) Draw-out lock knob; (19) Swing lever; (20) Tilt lock knob; (21) Brace draw-out lever; (24) Upper track
The real key to success is to free the rise lock so that the lens plate with the bellows attached can slide in the front standard to avoid stressing the bellows as they fold.