PDA

View Full Version : Mamiya RB67 6x8 Motorized Film Holder on Ebony 23S camera

yangt26224
20-Jan-2009, 18:58
Hi,

Has any one had experience using Mamiya RB67 6x8 motorrized film holders on a Ebony 23S camera or any 6x9 view camera?

My question is what trigger the motor to advance the film? Is this done by pushing one of the buttons on the back or the film can only be advanced manually when using this film back on a view camera?

Many thanks!

Thomas

Vlad Soare
21-Jan-2009, 07:11
If you hold the film back with the darkslide side facing you, you'll notice a small hole in the upper right corner. When the shutter is released, the camera inserts a pin into that hole to release the film advance and trigger the motor.

If you want to manually release the film advance (when using the back with a view camera, for instance), slide the lever in the second picture to the left. I don't know whether this lever also triggers the motor when the back is in auto mode. I've only seen such a back once and can't remember this detail. But even if it doesn't, you can always use the manual advance knob.

yangt26224
22-Jan-2009, 10:21
I also found that film can be advanced by pushing the "start" button on the top panel as well. Thanks for the information!