PDA

View Full Version : linotype Saphir ultra 2 scanner

seawolf66
10-Jan-2009, 11:15
I have this scanner set up [at least I thought so] I have Silverfast set as a plug n for Photoshop elements 5 , I am running Vista , But when I go to Silverfast to Bring the scanner on line , I get the following error message [ No SCSI Control found ] OK What went wrong Here : Thanks a lot folks

Andrew O'Neill
10-Jan-2009, 12:59
What OS are you using?

Bruce Watson
10-Jan-2009, 13:07
I have this scanner set up [at least I thought so] I have Silverfast set as a plug n for Photoshop elements 5 , I am running Vista , But when I go to Silverfast to Bring the scanner on line , I get the following error message [ No SCSI Control found ] OK What went wrong Here : Thanks a lot folks

Good ol' SCSI errors. What SCSI controller are you using? Drivers install OK under Vista? 32/64 bit Vista? What SCSI address is the scanner set to? Is the SCSI bus terminated? What software is reporting the error message?

seawolf66
10-Jan-2009, 14:07
Bruce: [Good ol' SCSI errors. What SCSI controller are you using? Drivers install OK under Vista? 32/64 bit Vista? What SCSI address is the scanner set to? Is the SCSI bus terminated? What software is reporting the error message?]
SCSI Controll is adaptec 2906 pci type for vista, scanner is set at [Not shur],
[Is the SCSI bus terminated?] Have no Idea here ? Silverfast ai 6.5 is reporting this Error! Drivers were set for 32 bit !

Brian Ellis
10-Jan-2009, 18:13
I had a Linoscan as my first scanner. I never could get it to consistently work right and I eventually took it to the city dump. Hopefully you didn't pay a lot for yours (I paid $1,000 for mine new). I'd suggest forgetting it and buying an Epson 4990 or 700/750. I think you'll probably get better scans with less aggravation.

seepaert
28-Jan-2009, 06:12
I suggest to skip the whole PC and buy yourself an oldfashioned OS9-mac for less than $ 100 and run the linoscan with linocolor as it was designed for. There seems to have been a linocolor version for the PC, but I have never seen it.

seawolf66
28-Jan-2009, 08:14
I thank You All for your Input here on this matter, Believe it or not I took the scanner off Vista and put it on my old PC with XP home and It fired up on the first try , Happy as a pig in mud [But not as Dirty] Now if I can figure how to get Silverfast to Transfer the images to Photoshop Elements 5 , I'd be even happier , Back reading and learning !
You'd Figure By 68 you would have all the answers: oh well!