PDA

View Full Version : Western NY Large Format Photogs

Dennis Stierer
2-Jan-2009, 06:27
I live in Lockport, NY and was wondering if there are any other large format shooters in the area, from Erie,PA to lower Ontario that might want to get together for some outings. Please email me at dennis.stierer@verizon.net.
Thanks, Dennis

eddie
2-Jan-2009, 10:49
keep us posted!

i am from kingston NY area but i need to head over to rochester in the coming months....maybe i could kill two birds with one stone.

eddie

DeBone75
2-Jan-2009, 10:59
I live in Erie PA.

severson
2-Jan-2009, 11:54
I'm in Buffalo, new to the area. I'd be interested in getting together sometime, when my schedule allows.

Mark

alec4444
2-Jan-2009, 21:19
I'm in NYC and may be interested. Feel free to join and post event info to the Northeast LF Mailing List (http://alec.com/mailman/listinfo/northeastlf_alec.com) - people have come further for some of our gatherings in the city.

Cheers!
--A

sun of sand
3-Jan-2009, 15:46
Batavia/Basom
Pretty new to LF

Not one to organize meetings but if one takes place...
I like to kick butt hiking and then think for a long time in one area so my pace is awkward

Landscape but try to find architectural elements
postcard snow storms/shoot most in winter probably
My frequent haunts
Iroquois Wildlife Refuge/Akron Park low water/Genesee County Park&Forest/Letchworth/Durand Eastman

Have any favorite local spots I can steal?

Rob Gibson
3-Jan-2009, 21:16
I'm originally from Lockport, now shoot wet plate full time in Gettysburg, Pa.

Dennis Stierer
6-Jan-2009, 14:07
Thanks for all who have responded. Will post a note in a couple of weeks as to possible get together. I am thinking of early spring at Letchwork State Park. How does that sound? Any ideas for a place. Dennis

bgh
6-Jan-2009, 14:19
Dennis--

I'm in Syracuse, and would love to have the opportunity to get out to Letchworth--I haven't been there since I was a kid, (*cough, cough*) years ago. Please, do keep me posted!

Bruce

severson
6-Jan-2009, 15:34
Dennis,

Letchworth in early spring sounds great. I haven't been there yet, looking forward to it.

Mark

stompyq
6-Jan-2009, 19:05
I hope i'am not too late for the party? Rochester NY here. Would live to go out and do some shooting.

severson
17-Jan-2009, 16:19
I heard on the news that Lake Erie is just about frozen over - does anyone have suggestions about good locations for shoreline ice formations etc. in Western New York or across the border, either Lake Erie or Ontario?

Mark