PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Lightroom 2.2 update?

pfarand
24-Dec-2008, 20:29
Is anyone else having major problems with Adobe Lightroom’s latest update from 2.0 to 2.2?

So far today it crashed twice while working with the adjustment brush doing some hand coloring on 16 bit grayscale images and once it printed a dark grey image with “Out of Memory:” at the top. In the develop module the image area would turn grey and then the application just hangs- I think programmers call it a memory leak. I’m having no other issues with any other application on this machine running Windows Vista with 2.5 gigabytes of memory.

-Paul

Navy Moose
31-Dec-2008, 07:04
2.5Gb doesn't seem like it is enough. I'm running XP Pro 32 bit, LR2.2, and CS3 and I have 4GB. Did you check your pagefile to make sure it is large enough? The rule I use is 1.5 X physical RAM.

I did the upgrade over the weekend and had no problems.

pfarand
31-Dec-2008, 10:14
Thank you Navy Moose for replying- I was beginning to think either I was the only one on the forum using Lightroom or the only one having issues with the new update.

The thing is that the previous release was working just fine with my OS and memory configuration and the adjustment brush, the problem is definitely with the new update. Since posting this thread, I have discovered Adobe’s user forum for Lightroom and there are a number of posts there about the bugs in version 2.2 as well as some bugs that I was unaware of and had no issue with as far as I could tell, in previous versions.

I’ve uninstalled 2.2 and re-installed 2.1 from a backup and am able to function as I patiently wait for version 2.2.1 or 2.3. And the lesson learned is not to apply the latest update as soon as it’s released.

Sheldon N
31-Dec-2008, 12:08
No issues with LR 2.2 on my machine, but I'm running Vista 64bit with 8GB of RAM.

Ed Richards
31-Dec-2008, 14:10
I am also doing fine, but I do not try to use it with LF images. Nothing bigger than 12mp digital files.

pfarand
31-Dec-2008, 16:39
I believe the issue is mainly with the graduated filter tool and the adjustment brush (I do a lot of "hand coloring" of black and white images) and not so with the size of the image file. A memory leak is a memory leak no matter how much memory you have to spare- use these tools long enough and Lightroom 2.2 will not release the memory until it crashes- so it seems.