PDA

View Full Version : eversmart + adaptec 2906 - os 9.2

t.bachmann
19-Dec-2008, 14:02
Hello,

I have the following problem: after installing eversmart pro 1.0.3 on a G4 Os 9.2, I try to run the scanner connected to an adaptec 2906 on this computer, but the startup stops immediately until I turn the scanner off.
Termination is on and set to 6, cables are checked, even the drivers for the scsi-card are installed and running scitex scsi information shows me that the scanner is recognized after turning him on.
I can not find an explanation for this problem, so maybe someono can give me some helpful advice?

Thanks

Thomas

Ben Hopson
19-Dec-2008, 14:39
Thomas, Are you letting the G4 finish startup before turning on the scanner? Have you tried using other scsi addresses? Are any error messages displayed when the problem occurs or does the system just freeze up?

Ben

t.bachmann
19-Dec-2008, 15:18
Ben, thanks for your reply. No, after having installed the complete software, I rebooted the G4, than started Scitex SCSI-information, than turned the scanner on and after 15 sec. I rescanned - eversmart appeared correctely (I also tried different scsi adresses e.g. 1, 2 with the same result). Than I restarted the computer (I tried this procedure several times) and the G4 always freez up until I turn the scanner off. No error messages are displayed, so I already wondered if this configuration was the right, but after reading several thread it should work - but it doesn't...

Thomas

sanking
19-Dec-2008, 15:45
If everything else is configured correctly you should consider the possibility of an Extension conflict. OS 9.2.2 is very sensitive to extension conflicts with scanners. I would suggest that you do clean re-install of 9.2.2 and then go into the extension manager and remove everything that is not absolutley necessary, such as voice recognition, etc. This has worked for me with two different vintage scanners running on OS 9.2.2.

Sandy King

Ben, thanks for your reply. No, after having installed the complete software, I rebooted the G4, than started Scitex SCSI-information, than turned the scanner on and after 15 sec. I rescanned - eversmart appeared correctely (I also tried different scsi adresses e.g. 1, 2 with the same result). Than I restarted the computer (I tried this procedure several times) and the G4 always freez up until I turn the scanner off. No error messages are displayed, so I already wondered if this configuration was the right, but after reading several thread it should work - but it doesn't...

Thomas

daverich4
24-Dec-2008, 10:21
I have exactly the same setup as you describe with the exception that my scanner is a Screen 1030AI. I had the same computer freezing problem until I did what Sandy suggests, using the extension manager to turn everything off but the basics. No problems ever since.

-dave-