PDA

View Full Version : Camera Eccentric, Sale&Information

Miguel Coquis
15-Dec-2008, 02:45
Great information stuff here-http://www.cameraeccentric.com/
Lots of data concerning classic lenses and cameras.
Watching the Sales section on this site I found some nice lenses for sale and I am interested in possible purchasing.
Do any body in LF forum have already had contact or a "buying experience" at Camera Eccentric ?
I will much appreciate to have some information (good or not).
Thanks in advance,
Merry Christmass !!!

Ken Lee
15-Dec-2008, 05:18
I bought an old Tessar from them. The lens is superb, and everything about the experience was perfect. I recommend them 100%

Pete Watkins
15-Dec-2008, 12:22
It's been a couple of years but in my experience they are superb to deal with. Don't hesitate.
Pete.

Toyon
15-Dec-2008, 13:06
Seth Broder is about as good a dealer as I have ever bought from. I purchased both a Heliar and a Petzval from him.

Miguel Coquis
15-Dec-2008, 15:23
After reading all these expressions of sympathy towards this seller, I can figure that dealing with must be positive.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Jim Graves
16-Dec-2008, 00:09
I bought a lens from them on ebay ... excellent description ... dead on ... very good communication ... sent the lens directly to a friend who was going to clean and service it for me ... great to deal with.

BradS
16-Dec-2008, 09:56
Seth is a great guy and the cameraeccentric site is a wonderful asset to the community.

Harold_4074
16-Dec-2008, 16:58
Another kudos for Seth; I haven't dealt with him recently, but was very pleased with the transaction leading up to my prized Verito. He does quite a service to the community in making available the many venerable catalogs and manuals on his website.

seawolf66
22-Dec-2008, 18:48
Miguel Coquis: Lets put it this way the gentleman has one heck of an information Site for all photographers to find information on, and he does with his own money's from what I can tell , The stuff he does sell's is right on the money the way he puts it ! So have no fear dealing with him ,He takes pride in what he does :

alec4444
22-Dec-2008, 22:08
Just bought that B&L Portrait Unar from Seth (and Laura - it's a two person operation) today and they've been a charm to communicate with. Can't wait for this lens - been eying it for some time!

--A

BarryS
22-Dec-2008, 22:33
Just bought that B&L Portrait Unar from Seth (and Laura - it's a two person operation) today and they've been a charm to communicate with. Can't wait for this lens - been eying it for some time!

--A

I was hoping someone would buy that before I broke down. I saw it on the site before he put it up on eBay. Post some pics when you get that thing. Did it come with a flange?

alec4444
22-Dec-2008, 23:20
No flange, and the soft focus lever needs to be reattached to the element (hoping it's as simple as that sounds!!!). I have a lens clamp that should do fine - just need to get it on a lens board.

Saw it on their site as well and have been thinking and thinking until the other day when my finger slipped on that buy button. Oooops, now look what I've done! =)

--A

fbosso
31-Dec-2008, 06:52
Hello, could suggest me a good camera shop in Paris ?
Thanks
Francesco

alec4444
15-Jan-2009, 05:00
I was hoping someone would buy that before I broke down. I saw it on the site before he put it up on eBay. Post some pics when you get that thing. Did it come with a flange?

Be thankful you didn't snag it. I misjudged the cost of fixing the diffusion lever, which came to $230. Item came perfectly as described (no flange) but my misjudgment made this an expensive lens. No flange; Richard Ritter kindly gave me a quote of $145 to make a metal board that the lens would screw into so that it would fit on one of my boards. (I also misjudged the size!) That solution (which is undoubtedly the best one) would bring total cost of this to $825. Pretty sure that exceeds the value of the lens! :eek: Holding off while I weigh options.

--A

PS: I should add (given this thread subject) that the misjudgment of repair cost and mounting cost was wholly my own. Seth & Laura were super nice to deal with; and I hope to purchase from them again!

seawolf66
15-Jan-2009, 09:51
What I like is they tell you up front every thing about the lens before you buy and so you know WYSIWYG, I just a Emil Busch Rapid Aplanat Will see if my thoughts on this lens are right:

Philippe Grunchec
6-Mar-2010, 11:07
I like their site a lot! Very informative on vintage lenses.