PDA

View Full Version : Tripod and Ballhead for Sinar x

galupi20
12-Dec-2008, 16:45
Please..do you think this gear is enough and "safe" to use with a Sinar x and bellow extension ?

Tripod : Gitzo GT5540LS

http://www.gitzo.com/Jahia/site/gitzo/pid/4765?kindOfProductCollectionRequest=productDetail&productCode=GT5540LS&productDescription=Systematic%206X%20tripod&curBrandId=BGI&market=MKT1&actualPathCategoryKey=1CAT:AAA1:2CAT:BB59:3CAT:CC49:4CAT:D347

Ballhead : Markins Q-Ball M20

http://www.markinsamerica.com/MA5/M20.php

Thanks a lot

Luis

Bjorn Nilsson
12-Dec-2008, 17:50
It is definitely enough. Actually it's a bit overkill, but rather that than an underdimensioned tripod. It will probably cost a lot, but you already know that.

My own choice is a carbon fibre Feisol CT-3371 with a leveling base and a Sinar tilt and pan head. This combination is quite light but still rock steady. My camera is a Sinar C 4x5" or 5x7", so the weight load should be similar. This particular tripod and leveling head comes in at around $400 + shipping, which I think is a very decent price. A used Sinar tilt&pan head can cost from $100 and up depending on age and wear. (Mine is more than 40 years old and has lots of external wear, but still rock steady.) Personally I prefer the Sinar head over an ordinary ball head, as I have more control over what is happening so that I don't risk the camera tipping over. The locking action of the Sinar head is very positive. Also, the Sinar head goes perfectly together with the Sinar camera.

//Björn

galupi20
12-Dec-2008, 18:59
Thanks Bjorn for your answer. I always have the Tripod and Ballhead....but for what i have read the Sinar Pan Tilt Head is the best...but expensive. Where I can lok for a used one ?
Thanks a lot

Luis

Bjorn Nilsson
13-Dec-2008, 08:03
Try *bay for used ones. I found mine in Germany for around €80, but what I've found out is that even though it's old and looks ugly, the function and stability is about the same as a new one.

//Björn

Peter De Smidt
13-Dec-2008, 08:10
I agree with Bjorn, the Sinar pan/tilt head is really the way to go with a standard Sinar. (The Sinar A1 or Apina is a different story.)

Greg Lockrey
13-Dec-2008, 10:08
Dittoes to the Fiesol and Sinar Pan/tilt head.