PDA

View Full Version : I'm hooked!

nanuq
11-Dec-2008, 16:36
I'm glad I decided to take my chance, after the hesitation that was described in the thread Best starter LF for landscape (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=42513), and got myself this nice Tachihara and super angulon 90.

So, I finally got my first two slides back today. It probably was beginner's luck, but as far as I can judge, they're dead on for focus and exposure, and those velvia colours look damn good. And the size of the thing, man... I think it's also telling that on the two shootings, I did not get much I was very satisfied from with my DSLR, but the whole "you only get one shot and it takes fifteen minutes to set up" thing really pushed me in taking the time and making every effort in getting THE best possible shot. Which is why I tried LF in the first place.

Now, I just have to get hands on some flatbed scanner, and somewhere down the road, an inkjet printer. But I can already say I'm hooked. So thanks to all of you who contribute here, because without such a massive amount of information, I probably wouldn't have taken the jump.

I'll of course post the images here as soon as I manage to get them in a reasonable digital form.

scrichton
11-Dec-2008, 18:27
it great to know the love has sparked here.

That's me just come back LF after a year's hiatus and totally excited slowing down and going through all the pain of loading processing etc ... as I know it always brings something.