PDA

View Full Version : Some Bag Discoveries for 8x10

eric black
10-Dec-2008, 14:19
After travelling to the end of the internet and back I have come across the following bags as inexpensive alternatives for protecting and toting some of my 8x10 gear. Hope this thread is helpful to some and if anyone else has some finds as well- please share them. Please note I have no affiliation with either of these companies- just sharing the info.

for 8x10 film holders I am using a product by e-bags which is typically sold to carry computers in- The Sumdex Padded Laptop Sleeve- (a search on the site brings only this one up) available at www.eBags.com for $13.59 Fits a pair of Fidelity 8x10 holders quite snugly- even more snugly if a piece of foam core is slid between them. Nice amount of padding as well.

for my 8x10 ARCA conversion kit (and one of the sleeves mentioned above) I am using REI's Kelty Padded Binto (not to be confused with either the cooler binto or the regular Binto. The padded version is really nice and is $25- again for me a nice snug fit with a reasonable amount of padding.

Anybody have any other finds- I could really use something that holds about 2-3 4x10 film holders comfortably.

jeroldharter
10-Dec-2008, 18:18
Check out cases that hold fly fishing reels from Cabela's, Orvis, or Fishpond.
Various sized Pelican cases.
Insulated soft-sided coolers/lunch boxes.

BarryS
10-Dec-2008, 20:18
There's a neoprene laptop bag at Target--the brand is Tuari. It holds 3 or 4 8x10 holders very nicely and runs about $15.

John Kasaian
10-Dec-2008, 20:59
A fashionably coyote tan canvas Army Surplus cooler that was designed to hold a 5 gallon water can---about $19.00-- holds a v-8 'dorff and a bunch of film holders with room to spare. Cool! :cool:

ljsegil
11-Dec-2008, 04:23
Is the coyote cooler available online, John? No army surplus outlets nearby that I am aware of, but a surplus of film holders looking for a carrier are here and about (and more importantly, annoying the spousal unit with their all too visible presence). No Deardorff to stash either, but I am sure I could find other gear to fill any empty, especially padded, place that appeared in the region.
Thanks,
LJS

ljsegil
11-Dec-2008, 04:28
8x10 gear does seem to have the proverbial ability to fill any vacuum encountered, and then some. I can only begin to imagine life with ULF; I am not yet prepared for that experience. I need much more seasoning before heading down that perilous path.
LJS

luis a de santos
15-Dec-2008, 19:04
Could some moderator eliminate this guy who shows up on every thread please?

defg509

Thank you