PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Wintery Scotland

tomthomson
1-Dec-2008, 15:27
Hey Folks, my name's Tom, i'm currently a mature student who has returned to study photography at college after a 16 year working holiday :)

after being digital for the last 5 years college has been good for me, returning me to the days of film and i'm loving it.

i've decided to do more large format work, and will be doing some portraits very shortly using 5x4 and joined here for some advice and to learn as much as i could.

Joanna Carter
1-Dec-2008, 16:29
Hey Folks, my name's Tom, i'm currently a mature student who has returned to study photography at college after a 16 year working holiday :)

after being digital for the last 5 years college has been good for me, returning me to the days of film and i'm loving it.

i've decided to do more large format work, and will be doing some portraits very shortly using 5x4 and joined here for some advice and to learn as much as i could.
Have you thought of joining us on the UKLFPG forums? www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum

adrian tyler
1-Dec-2008, 23:33
tom, this is a unique and fantastic forum, i learned lf photoraphy quickly and efficiently thanks to the generosity and kindness of this forums' members.

http://www.adriantyler.net/

Aender Brepsom
1-Dec-2008, 23:41
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. You have found one of the best places to get a lot of precious help while learning LF photography. Enjoy it!

arca andy
2-Dec-2008, 06:17
Hi Tom
I can't think of a better location to use a LF camera than Scotland (but i am sure other members will have their own views on that!). Well I am jealous.
Enjoy the format
Andy

tomthomson
2-Dec-2008, 07:38
Thanks for the welcome folks!

In all honesty i'm likely to do more LF Portraits than landscapes but you never know :)

John Kasaian
2-Dec-2008, 08:29
Welcome aboard, Tom! :)

tomthomson
2-Dec-2008, 12:54
Thanks John :)

Martin Courtenay-Blake
2-Dec-2008, 13:30
Hi Tom all the way from Mid Calder

Martin

tomthomson
3-Dec-2008, 10:22
Hey Martin, ach you're hundereds of miles from me:)

BennehBoy
3-Dec-2008, 14:10
Eh up from Huddersfield.

Martin Courtenay-Blake
4-Dec-2008, 10:25
May be as much as two miles away Tom. I think there are a few members in this area...I know there is a lady in Edinburgh....could be the start of a group here. Must get together for a chat and a beer sometime. Keep in touch.

Cheers

Martin

Jim Galli
4-Dec-2008, 15:46
Hi Tom and welcome. Portraits are always a noble undertaking. And we're full of advice around here. I'm anxious to see some work.